Chapter four.

Ebony:

A couple of weeks have passed and Honey and I were inseparable. I'm happy that she's so comfortable with being herself around me. I love the way she watches me while I do my hair, or when I paint.
It makes me feel warm inside.
I also love to watch her. When she sleeps, she's like an angel. Or when she plays with my toes for no reason, or rolling up a joint.
Tonight she was sleeping over and I was nervous. I made sure everything was clean and that food was cooked for us to eat.
What am I doing?
As I was stirring the rice I made, my phone started to ring.
My mom was calling on FaceTime.
"Hey mommy." I smiled.
"Hi cherie, just calling to check in. Is the house clean?" She asked. I nodded, biting on a piece of meat I had in my hand.
"What did you make?"
"Rice and beans with fried pork."
"Oh okay. What have you been up to?" She asked.
Honey came to my mind.
"I, u-uh I made a friend." I said.
"Really?" She asked.
"Yes. Her name is Honey."
"Who names their fille honey?" She asked.
"She's really nice, okay?"
"Okay. I have to go, I'll call you when I can."
"Love you."
She hung up and I let out a breath.
I continued to cook, making food that can last me the next two weeks.
The door bell rang and I became nervous.
I opened it and was engulfed by warm arms and I smiled, wrapping my arms around her waist.
"God, it's freezing outside." She breathed, holding me tight.
"You're pretty warm to me. Come, I'll make you some tea." I said into her chest.
"It smells good as hell in here. You chefing it up in here, huh?" She asked. I chuckled and looked into her green eyes.
"I'm sorry I took so long, I had to go home and get a couple things." She smiled.
"It's okay. Remember to take your shoes off." I stated. She didn't budge and I looked at her.
"What?" I asked.
"I can't get a kiss?" She asked. I rolled my eyes and walked toward her, leaning up to kiss her mouth softly.
Her cheeks were red when I looked at her and I smiled.
"Are you hungry?" I asked.
"Famished. What did you make?" She asked as she followed me to the kitchen.
"I made some rice and beans, with grio and some meatballs and fried plantain." I grinned. She eyed the pots of food with wide eyes.
"Is this like a Haitian thing? What is grio?" She asked. I laughed.
"Yes, and it's fried pork. Hold on, let me fix you a plate." I said. I grabbed a large flat plate and gave her a serving of each, and putting vegetables on the side for her.
I handed her her plate and a fork and she sat at the table.
I watched as she tasted each part and her eyes rolled back.
"Now I see why you're butt is fat. What even..this is magical...like..cook this at my funeral, and for the rest of my life, holy shit." She exclaimed. I shook my head and turned around, making myself a plate.
We both ate and talked about everything, from the stars, to where we find ourselves in ten years.
"I honestly don't know what I want to be. I've switched from studying art, to being into cosmetology, to being a surgeon." I stated, fiddling with my fork.
"You can do it all. Speaking of which, why don't you start doing hair and makeup for people?" She asked.
"Don't you need a license for that?" I asked.
"I don't think so, but come on. I'll help you and everything. I can promote you. Everyone kept asking who did my hair, and I was like Ebony Jean did!" She exclaimed. I giggled at her expression.
"I'm not even that good."
"Yes the hell you are. You do your own hair and make up and it always looks professionally done." She said.
"Okay, you're gassing it. But, fine. But who's going to want me to do their stuff? No one talks to me." I stated.
"Trust me, there are a lot of girls who want to be your friend, and some of them are even jealous of you." Honey let out. I sighed.
"Alright, fine."
"And home coming is on Friday. Do you see the dollar signs?" She asked. She did a little dance and I laughed.
"You're so damn silly."
Honey gasped loudly, holding her chest.
"What?!" I yelled.
"D-did you just...did you just SWEAR?!" Honey asked, clearly flabbergasted.
"Here we go.."
Honey decided to carry me upstairs and throw me on my bed.
I chuckled lowly and grabbed one of my mannequin heads.
"This is so pretty. You're going to dye the ends, right?" Honey asked. I nodded.
I was creating a long frontal lace bob with silver ends, and it was coming out perfectly.
"You should do my hair." Honey said.
"What do you want me to do with it?" I asked.
"I have no clue...come with me to homecoming on Friday." She said. I looked at her with wide eyes.
"W-what?" I asked. She nodded.
"Yeah. Come with me, and then come to the after party. It'll be fun." She grinned.
Oh God.
"Okay, sure. But how will I do other people's hair if I have to get ready?" I asked.
"Give them a time limit, baby. We don't have to go to school that day, so give them from like twelve p.m to like six. Home coming starts at seven, but we can be fashionably late."
I love it when she calls me baby.
So does Satan.
I pushed that thought away and nodded.
We started working on fliers and she put them up on her social media, people already blowing up my phone.
"Sheesh. Maybe I should get an appointment book." I joked.
"You got this, chocolate pie." She breathed, pushing us both to lay down on the bed. I smiled, my eyes fluttering close as she kissed my mouth.
Honey decided to play some music, before climbing on top of me, again.
She unbuttoned my shirt slowly, kissing my chest and my stomach. I whimpered as I felt the wetness build at my core. She licked my stomach, unbuttoning my white denim jeans.
"I need you baby.." She sang to the song lowly as she pulled my pants off my body. I removed my shirt and laid in a pair of olive green panties and a matching bra.
A lot occurred at that moment..