Epilogue

This book along with Ava have been on wattpad for as long as I could remember lol. I took a break from both of them to focus on my other books because these two books weren't meant to be finished. But I saw that you all were enjoying them so I wanted to give you the ending you all deserve.

A happy one.

Thank you guys for all of your support through everything!

Ten years later...

Ebony:

"Are you ready?" Honey asked as she gripped my hand. I nodded and smiled as I looked up at my wife as the love and adoration seeped from her eyes and into mine.

"I am so proud of you. I told you this would happen. You are a gem." Honey assured as she kissed my forehead. I swallowed back the tears and kissed her lips softly.

"I love you."

I was currently back stage of the glamour and beauty awards ceremony that I was nominated for almost a year ago. I ended up winning the award and nearly had a heart attack when I found out. My dream life came true and I couldn't be happier. Honey and I stayed together all through college. We worked hard and got ourselves through, building the affluent life that we lived now. A few days after graduation, Honey's parents decided to freeze all of her accounts and trust funds, denying her of everything she was used to having.

She was upset but wasn't surprised, knowing that in due time it was going to happen. Luckily she prepared herself ahead of time and took a large chunk out in cash and hid it inside of our mattress.

No wonder she never let me change the bed spreads.

She knew her family would've never accepted her for who she was and in a way it made me think about how our situations were very similar yet different.

Her family couldn't accept her for being black and the peers around us at the time couldn't accept her for being white. My family couldn't accept me for loving Honey in the way they wanted me to love a man, and the people around us couldn't accept me for being unapologetically black because of my melanin.

And despite all of that, we found love and acceptance within each other, and it's what brought us here to where we were today and I thanked God every single night. It was hard getting through the depression that sat in my heart when my mom first kicked me out. To this day we still don't speak but I know she saw me on the t.v screens and billboards.

My hair and skin products were now selling in every single cosmetics store in the U.S. I know she probably saw it and knew it was me. I had commercials and models advertising my product everywhere.

It hurt that she couldn't acknowledge my success, but I knew as long as I acknowledged it and was proud of myself, no one could bring me down. Not even her.

It didn't matter what my skin looked like or who I loved, I was one of God's greatest creations and with Honey I found myself again.

I knew He sent her to me for this reason. Without her, I don't know where I would be right now, but I didn't even want to think about it. Having her as my life partner will be something I would never regret.

"I love you.."

"...and now for our award winning product 'Ebony', give it up for Mrs. Ebony Alvarez!"

The crowd cheered and clapped as Honey and I walked onto the stage. I was smiling widely, the butterflies in my stomach fluttering as I walked over to the podium to thanked everyone for my award, including my wife.

Boy, did I have a speech for her.

"Thank you everyone for this amazing award..I created Ebony to empower our young black woman to love the skin they're in. It started off as a body lotion, but then I continued to experiment with different recipes and found a hair product that all hair types could benefit from. It pleases me to know that my plan worked and that every single black beauty in this room supports my brand knowing that it comes from the heart.

Lastly I would like to thank my wife. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't know where I would be right now. She supported me since day one, and I'll forever be grateful for her. I love you Honey Alvarez, and so does our bundle of joy." I grinned as I rubbed my stomach that was poking out from my sheer and navy blue dress. I looked over at Honey and she blew me a kiss as the crowd clapped and cheered for us.

I felt complete.

Two months later...

"Breathe, baby..breathe...you got this!" Honey cheered as I screamed and pushed again before sobbing.

"Just one more push!" The doctor exclaimed and I gripped Honeys hand as I screamed, hearing the screeching of our baby boy filling the room.

"Oh.." I sobbed as I watched the doctors carry him to the infant scale after Honey cut the umbilical cord. She kissed the top of my head before running a cool towel down my face as I held her wrist weakly.

"You did such a good job. I'm so proud of you, Ebony."

I loved hearing those words from her. She's been the one to continuously support me and be there for me. She was always here to cheer me on in the sidelines.

Sometimes it only takes one special person to change your life completely. To support you and show you what unconditional love really is. To help you keep going when you don't want to anymore.

That was my Honey, and I couldn't be more grateful.

The end 🤎