Chapter five.

'Honey:

"Oh Honey, I had such a wonderful night.'' Ebony breathed as we walked out of the gym. Homecoming was fantastic. We danced and had fun all night, although I noticed Ebony's hesitation with showing affection to me in public.

It's okay, though.

I'll wait as long as she needs.

I stared into her brown eyes, breaking my gaze when someone called my name.

''Honey!'' Tasha exclaimed, running toward Ebony and I. She glared down at Ebony, before looking up at me.

''I didn't see you at all night!'' Tasha breathed, biting her lip. I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes, instead smiling down at Ebony.

''I've been with Ebony all night. We were here, why didn't you come say hi?'' I asked. She looked between us, the flirtatious grin dropping off her face.

''I wasn't aware you two were a thing..?'' She breathed, her voice rising slightly at the end of her statement.

''I wasn't aware it was any of your business.'' I snapped. She stepped back in shock. I gave her a daring look, waiting for her to say something else. Tasha obviously had a thing for me, and she somehow convinced everyone that we were a thing. But we aren't.

Obviously.

I looked at Ebony who seemed to pull away from me slightly, her tired eyes indicating it was time to head home.

Home.

"Oh baby, you look exhausted. Let's get you home." I breathed, kissing her forehead. I watched as her eyes fluttered closed and she nodded, shooting Tasha a sympathetic smile, before getting inside the uber I've ordered for us.

I watched as she drifted to sleep on my shoulder, gripping the end of my shirt for dear life as she snores lowly. My thoughts were racing as I watched her eyelids jump.

There's just something about her that makes me never want to lose her. I want her with me all the time. But I'm scared of hurting her. I don't want to hurt her. I never want to see her cry. Ever. Especially because of me.

We reached her house and I lifted her up, carrying her upstairs.

"Baby?" I asked.

"Hm?" She hummed, sleepily, her eyes closed as she sat on the bed, trying not to lay down.

"I know you're tired, but stay sitting up for a second so I can take care of you." I breathed. She nodded, yawning, her small chocolate face so innocent. Like a tired child who had the time of her life. My heart fluttered and the butterflies in my stomach were crazy as I analyzed her beautiful face.

God, what is she doing to me?

I tried pushing away the strong emotions I felt, swallowing the ball in my throat as I bent down to take her shoes off. I unzipped her heels and pulled them off, caressing her ankles. I heard soft snoring and looked up to see her sleeping while sitting up and I giggled lowly, covering my mouth. I stood and unzipped her dress, pulling it off her body.

"Mommy?" She asked, drowsily. I chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"No baby, its honey."

Her eyes fluttered open and she blushed, covering her face.

"Just stay there." I stated, scurrying to the bathroom. I grabbed a washcloth, and her hair bonnet. I wet the washcloth with warm water and grabbed her makeup remover wipes before walking back into the bedroom. She was curled up in a ball on the bed in her underwear, her soft breathing indicating she fell asleep again.