Chapter six.

Honey:

It's been a month since school started, and to say it's been the best month in the world was an understatement. Ebony and I have grown so close. She started opening up more, and I'm fully and irrevocably in love with her.
We were now at lunch, and she was sketching in her notebook while I played with her hair.
"Honey, stop, I'm trying to focus."
"I can't help that you're so irresistible."
She blushed and shut her sketchbook, before looking up at me.
"Are you staying with me, tonight?" She asked, her big brown eyes bouncing.
"I have to check in with my dad, and then I'm going to stop by my parents house because they're back in town. I don't think they're home, though, so come with me." I grinned.
"And meet your very racist parents? I don't know about all that." She said, sheepishly. I laughed and shook my head.
"I'll make sure they don't get their claws on you, babe. Just stick with me, and act cordial and you'll never have to see them again. I doubt they're home, though." I smirked.
"You're lucky I like you this much to get called a nígger."
"But you're my nígger."
"Okay, mulatto." She giggled. During this past month, I've learned that Ebony is cynical as hell. She makes jokes that some people would find offensive, but I find extremely hilarious. I guess no ones ever seen that side of her, before.
Except for me, of course.
And I love it.
"My beautiful, beautiful black queen." I grinned, kissing her cheek. She smiled at me graciously, touching my hand.
"Yo, honey!" Joseph called out.
"What, nígga?!" I yelled out.
"Let me speak to you for a second."
I looked at Ebony and she smiled shyly as he walked over here.
"Hey, Ebony." He smirked, making my blood boil.
"Hi, Joseph." She stated, curtly. He stared at her for a little while.
"Why are you so uptight, huh? Honey not laying it down, right?" He asked her.
"Shut the fuck up." I hissed.
"Oops, am I making you jealous? Besides, I thought Tasha was your girl."
"Never was, and never will be. So I suggest you mind your business, and get out of my girls face with all that flirting shit before I get you lined, homie." I stated calmly.
"Bro..you're dragging it right now. You know I'm just playing and I'll never do that to you."
"You sure? Cause it seems like it's all you fucking do, and it's really starting to piss me off!" I growled, standing up as I clenched my fists.
"Honey, please it's okay. Really." Ebony stated. I looked around, realizing that I was starting a scene but I didn't care. I'm tired of all my 'bros' constantly talking shit and flirting with Ebony. She's mine and only mine, and I'll fight anyone who gets in our way.
"Hey, no one asked you to butt in, bitch. This between her and I, not you. Stay out of it." Joseph gritted, his face red with anger.
"Who the fuck you calling a bitch, nígga?!" I asked, getting in his face.
"That shit colored bitch you call your girl!" He yelled.
That's when I lost it, my fist cracking his jaw so hard you heard his jaw snap out of it's socket. Everyone gasped, Ebony screaming behind me as I stood with a blood colored fist.
"Oh my God, oh my God!" Ebony cried, looking at my hand, before looking back up to my face.
"Hey, hey stop crying it's okay." I breathed, caressing her tear stained cheek.
"This is all my fault, I'm so sor-"
I cut her off by pressing my lips against hers. She tensed, before melting into my kiss, kissing me back with no care in the world. I didn't care who was watching, or the principal yelling my name over and over again. No one will ever disrespect Ebony no matter what. I will not allow it.
Even if it means risking my life.
"Meet me at the goose-pond park after school. Please. You'll see me sitting on the bench as soon as you walk in." I breathed. She nodded, sniffing, before hugging me.
"I love you."
My heart jumped so hard I swear it broke my rib cage as soon as those words fell from her lips. I looked at her with wide eyes and before I could say it back, I was pulled by two security guards and dragged out of the lunchroom.
I love you too. So fucking much.

Ebony:

I tapped my finger on my desk as I stared at the clock, waiting for the bell to ring.
Just five more minutes, Ebony.
I needed to see her. After they took her from the lunch room, everyone stared at me and it made me nervous. I didn't understand why he had to provoke her the way he did. She did nothing to him. And I didn't either. But I guess me being darker than him was an insult in its own.
I resisted the urge to cry, dashing out of the room as soon as the bell rang, sprinting down the hallway, exiting the school. I was almost passed the parking lot, when someone grabbed me. I was ready to scream, but her arms wrapped around me and I relaxed, hugging her back.
"We have to go before they see me. Our cab is right there." Honey breathed, pulling me with her towards the car. We hopped in and he drove off and I looked up at her with tears in my eyes.
She looked stressed out, her eyebrows pushed together as her eyes fluttered closed, her breathing ragged.
"Baby.." She whispered.
"Yes, my honey?" I asked her.
"I love you too. So fucking much that it hurts to breathe sometimes when I look at you. I'll kill anyone that comes in our way, no matter what the consequences are." She stated, looking down at me with a fire in her eyes. I knew she was telling the truth and I bursted into tears, straddling her and wrapping my arms around her.
"Hey, you're blocking my view! No sex in the car!" The driver yelled. I ignored him, kissing her multiple time, kissing around her face.
"God, I've wanted to say it for so long. It just slipped out and I'm so glad you feel the same way I'm so sorry you've gotten in trouble because of me." I sobbed.
"Hey, sh sh..it's okay. It was worth it. So worth it, babygirl and I'll show you how much as soon as we get home." She stated seriously, looking me in my eye. I touched her face, caressing her cheek before kissing her forehead.
"You promise?" I whispered, my nose rubbing against hers.
"I promise you the world, chocolate pie. But beware..you might just hear it, but no matter what you hear, don't say a word. Please." She breathed. I knew what she was talking about and I nodded. We were on our way to her parents house, and I knew that she was going to hear it from them, especially with what happened today.
We pulled up in front of a huge mansion and I gaped at it as we got out the car.
"Can you wait here for us, please? We won't be long." Honey asked the driver. She grabbed my hand and she let out a breath, before opening the double doors.
My mouth dropped as soon as we walked inside, but I gained my composure as I looked around.
Everything was either marble or gold. Like real fucking gold.
Lord Jesus.
"You little BITCH!" I heard someone yell, before a shoe hit the wall behind us. Honey pushed me behind her and glared at a woman who looked just like her. Just more...Caucasian.
"HONEY!" A little girl yelled, running over to her and hugging her leg.
"Hey, baby girl. Go to your room, okay? Mommy and I have to talk."
"Okay. who's this?" The little girl asked. Honey looked at me and I smiled at her.
"This is Ebony. She's my very special friend. How about you show Ebony your room and maybe play with your dolls?" She asked the little girl.
"Ashley, don't you DARE let her walk up those stairs with you."
Ashley looked at me with sad eyes and my heart sank in my stomach. I sunk down to her level and smiled at her.
"Do you like jewelry?" I whispered. She nodded excitedly and I discreetly took my bracelet off and slowly put it in her hand.
"Don't tell your mommy I gave that to you. That could be our little secret." I grinned. She nodded, putting her finger to her lips indicating that she'll stay quiet, before running upstairs.
The woman glared at us, before walking towards us slowly.
"I already have to tolerate one negro, but now two?" She hissed through her teeth, her face red with anger. I kept my calm, touching Honey's hand that was shaking.
"Mom, please stop. I just came to get a couple things." Honey breathed.
"How about you take everything and go? I'm done with you. I don't want you here anymore, slave! Go live with your negro girlfriend! I did nothing but take care of you and you get yourself suspended? Are you fucking serious?!" She yelled, throwing another shoe at her. It hit Honey in the stomach and she gasped, bending over.
"Hey! What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yelled as I helped Honey up.
"Please..it's okay.." She moaned.
"No. No it's not. I'm sick of this! I'm sick of all you racist fucking cystic assholes I hope you all burn in fucking hell!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Her mom stared at me in shock, as well as Honey.
"Come. Pack your shit, you're staying with me. I don't care what anyone has to say at this point, because you don't deserve any of this. Why the fuck are you throwing shit at her?! I should call the cops on your pale ass!" I continued to yell. I lost my temper, glaring at her mother. She looked scared, and I smirked, walking toward her.
"I don't care how rich you are, or how powerful you are, but I swear on my fathers grave if you try anything else, you'll regret it. Take my word for it, ou mechan blan fanm, modi ou nan lanfè." I spat in creole, balling my hands in fists. Her mother shrunk back in fear, her chin trembling. She looked terrified, as if I did voodoo on her.
If only my grandma was here.
"Let's go, honey!" I demanded, storming up the stairs into her room.
I grabbed the first suitcase I found and stuffed as much stuff as possible inside it.
"Hey hey, slow down." Honey breathed. I huffed and glared at her.
"Calm down. Please. For me." She cooed, touching my face. I softened as her fingers caressed my lips and felt myself starting to calm down.
"I'm sorry, you didn't need to see me like that." I sighed.
"It's okay, it was kind of hot actually. You had her shaking in her boots." She giggled. I laughed and continued to help her pack.
Four suitcases later, we were done and we walked downstairs. I looked at her mother and she shrunk back and I smiled at little Ashley.
"Hey, Ashley, come here." Honey breathed. The little girl ran over and looked up at her sister.
"Are you gonna come back?" She asked innocently.
"For you, I will." Honey smiled.
"Okay. Bye special friend!" She grinned.
"Bye baby." I smiled, before walking out of the house. The cab driver was smoking a cigarette on the curb and helped us put her bags in the trunk, before driving off to my house.
"So..roommate.. what would you like for dinner?" I asked her. She smirked.
"Roommate?" She asked.
"Mhmm..my very sexy roommate." I giggled.
"Wow that mouth of yours is killing it, today."
"I can't help that you bring out my wild side." I said, flirtatiously. Her face was close to mine, a sexy smirk on her face.
"Mm..how wild? Care to demonstrate?" She asked. I leaned in and placed a slow, seductive kiss on her lips.
"I'll think about it."