Chapter Twelve

UNEDITED

Honey;

The bell finally rang indicating that school was over and I stood, packing my books as I sighed.

I don't know what else to do to help her. She's so angry with the world and now she's projecting it onto me. I just have to endure it until she feels better, right?

Then why is it so exhausting?

I slipped my bag over my shoulder and walked to the principals office to see Ebony staring down at her phone with her headphones in. I leaned down and kissed her forehead and she looked up, smiling lowly as she pulled her headphones out of her ear.

"Hey." She breathed, looking up at me. I smiled and she stood, grabbing my hand and we walked out of school.

"So..house hunting right?" She asked suddenly as she looked at me. I nodded and smiled, leaning in to kiss her cheek before taking a moment to sit on the bench that sat in front of the school building.

"So what happened?" I asked as I looked up at her. She rolled her eyes and tossed a folder at me and I opened it.

"Not bad. And today is Friday so, you get four days off next week. It gives you time to get settled down in an apartment that we choose."

"You do realize it takes time before they allow you to move in, right?" Ebony asked as she quirked a brow. I smirked, standing up and kissing her lips.

"Money can move minds, baby. Trust me."

I called an Uber to the first open house that I signed us up for and we were now walking around with the tour guide. It was a nice flat closest to the rooftop that had glass windows and gave us a view to the city. It was one bedroom, with a small living room and a connected kitchen.

"It's nice." Ebony muttered as she looked around. I know she hated this. She wanted to be able to help out in any way she could, but all I want her to do is relax.

After all, we will be living together. That's exciting.

To me, at least.

We were now on our way to the last open house. It wasn't too far from this one. It was a two family house, and we were scoping out the top floor.

"This is beautiful." I heard Ebony whisper as she looked around the large living room space. The wall wasn't glass like the other one, but it did have large windows that also had a view to the city and the skyscraper. The kitchen was on the other side of the hallway, the granite countertops catching Ebony's attention.

When we first got together, she used to speak about how she's always wanted a nice kitchen. She loves to cook. It was something that brought her joy.

So I made sure to choose options with the best kitchens.

Ebony looked around, her fingers grazing the large silver fridge door, before walking down the hallway to the door of the bedroom. It was a large space, with regular windows and a balcony.

"I love this one. I think it's the best one we've seen today." Ebony replied as she smiled up at me. It was the most genuine smile I've seen in the last week, and it made the butterflies in my stomach flutter.

"We'll take it." I stated to the agent while still staring at Ebony.

"Both floors." I added in, causing her eyes to widen.

"Babe, no. No that's too much." Ebony stated as she grabbed my shoulders. I shook my head and smiled at her.

"We can make the lower floor your studio for your hair and makeup stuff, and even an art studio. I'll let that be your private space."

Ebony's eyes glistened with tears and she pulled me into her arms and into a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around her and smiled, inhaling her scent.

"You are too good to me."

Ebony;

I watched as Honey negotiated with the real estate agent to let us move in as fast as possible. I looked around and smiled, feeling at peace for the first time in weeks.

This will be our home.

Honey walked over to me and smiled as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"We move in tomorrow." She whispered. I gasped, looking from her to the real estate agent who nodded and I squealed, wrapping my arms around Honey.

"Oh my God thank you so much." I sobbed as I held Honey to my chest. We embraced for a second, the real estate agent placing the keys onto the counter.

"So we just need your ID, and your social to run your credit score, and then we're all set." The agent breathed. Honey pulled away from me and walked over to the table, handling the paperwork while I just watched.

We were now on our way back to her dads house. We couldn't wait to get there and start packing. I was so excited I couldn't help but stare at Honey with gratefulness.

I wanted to show her how grateful I was.

Once we got inside, Honey slumped down on the couch and I just stared at her, before walking in front of her and dropping to my knees.

"What are you doing?" Honey asked. I looked up at her as I unbuttoned her pants, pulling the zipper down slowly.

"Thanking you."

I pulled her pants and boxers down, looking up at her large green orbs that were staring down at me. I kissed the outside of her thighs, before kissing the inside of her thighs. Honey moaned lowly, but gasped once I spread her legs and pulled her forward to my face.

I leaned in and ran my tongue up her slit, teasing her with the top of my tongue before taking her clit into my mouth. Honey moaned, clutching my hands that laid on her thighs.

"Ebony.." She moaned softly. I moaned, continuing to suck on her clit before leaning back and slipping a finger inside of her. I watched as her head fell back as her back arched, giving me more access to her.

"Feel's good?" I asked huskily as I stood to my feet, my fingers still deep inside of her as I straddled her waist and kissed her lips. She moaned against my mouth as I moved them in and out, my own desire filling in the pit of my stomach.

I smirked and pulled my fingers out of her, her eyes glaring up at me as I giggled, licking my fingers clean. I leaned down and licked her earlobe.

"You'll have to wait until tomorrow." I whispered.