Chapter 27: Hashira Meeting

[3rd person POV]

Rei grinned at the prediction made by her master. She practically had a risky plan where she would summon a few of her yokais, giving the Hashiras a small show before targeting a fellow pinkette. It was quite risky since she would have to use a lot of her energy to summon a few, but that wouldn't stop her from giving them her grand entrance.

As silently as she could, she summon atleast four yokais excluding Bakeneko making it five. Yuki-Onna, Baku, Tengu, Ittan-Momen, and Bakeneko. Fortunately for her, she had been able to store up more of her energy than before, making her have the ability to summon more than one yokai. But, that doesn't mean that she won't lose any more energy.

Back on track, Rei has succesfully summoned four of them as they all watched their master warily. 'Rei-sama, are you okay?' Tengu asked the female who only stayed quiet before looking up. "Two words.. grand entrance." Rei managed to spat out as everyone of them, except Bakeneko, had a excited smile of their faces. 'Let's make this grand entrance for Rei-sama awesome!' Bakeneko cheered.

Suddenly, all of them flew out before standing behind the Ubuyashiki family, still staying invisible to the others. Rei, who stood out of view, raised her hand as she silently counted down. Once it was down to one, every yokai who stood behind the family shown themselves, as they made themselves frightening.

The Hashiras who bowed in front of the family all felt a cold shiver go down their spine as they all wearily eyed the glowing pairs of eyes behind the family. Mitsuki, who shook in her place, let out a small yelp before speaking up. "O-Oyakata-sama.." She faitly called out to the man as he hummed in response.

She shakily pointed behind them as the older twins turned around to see nothing. In Rei's vision, she watched as the yokais turned invisible once again before going over towards the Hashiras. Bakeneko stood behind Mitsuri, Renguko, and Uzui in his larger form. Yuki-Onna stood in between Iguro and Sanemi while Baku laid infront of Muichiro as he stared right in the boys' eyes.

Ittan-Momen had made himself longer as he coiled himself up at Shinobu's lap before making his way into Giyuu's face. All the yokais looked towards Rei before saying, 'On your command, Rei-sama!' The female smiled before snapping her fingers quietly, giving the signal to all yokais.

One by one, they all made themselves visible shocking the Hashiras. Mitsuki, Uzui, and Renguko all felt a tap on their heads so in response, they turned around to see large Bakeneko with a playful grin on his face. Muichiro, the boy who normally stayed stoic and clueless, widened his eyes at the beast in front of him. He quickly grabbed the hilt of his sword but was only stopped by Baku talking to him.

'A nichirin sword is useless towards a yokai, kid.' He told the fourteen-year-old. Shinobu on the other hand, stayed quiet as she was ecstatic to see an unknown yokai snuggled up on her lap. Following the flowing part, she saw that it lead to Giyuu having a staring contest with the face of the yokai. In the background, Sanemi and Iguro were trying to land a hit on Yuki-Onna only to fail as their swords fell through her.

While all of this is happening, Rei swiftly got out of her hiding place before appearing behind Kagaya and the twins. Unknowingly, the twins amusingly watched the Hashira's interact with the Yokai Pillar's yokais as Kagaya raised a hand. Of course, this caused everyone to look at him, and seeing a silhoutte of someone behind the master freaked the Hashiras out.

But the man did not flinch at all as he only smiled. "Thank you, Rei for the entrance but I think now is the time to reveal yourself." He spoke up as the Hashiras stayed quiet, not knowing who he was talking to. The twins instantly turned around to see Rei smiling towards them. Unknowingly, the twins let out a small smile as they watched the Hashira approach Kagaya.