Chapter 9: Agatsuma Zenitsu

{Rei's POV}

"I wanted to ask something about your breathing style." She told me. "Sure, go ahead." I said to her. "The Yokai Breathing... it came from your village, right? Where is your village located? Who created it?" Tamayo asked me.

"Well... to answer your first question, yes, it did originate from our village. Our village is located North-East of the Wisteria Family House. And for the final question, the person who created the breathing style, was a family ancestor of ours so people back home acknowledge us as a strong family since she was a strong slayer too. Unfortunaly, I do not know her name. Only a few people know her but I am certain that my father was familiar with her." I explained, Tamayo was looking at me with a solemn expression.

The males stood quietly, processing the newly information. "I just wanted to know," Tamayo started, I looked at her and gestured her to continue. "If you wanted to know her name, without asking your father." She informed me. Without hesitation, I nodded eagerly, "Yes! Of course I want to know her! She had been a guardian for us since she came". She hummed.

"Well, for as long as I lived, I still remember her name since she was the only person I could stay with. That was back then when I was under Kibutsuji's control. Her name was Yua, she has never said her last name in public but she was formerly know as 'The Yokai Keeper' since she was the only slayer that used demon-like creatures as breathing forms." She explained to me.

'Yua... a pretty name indeed..' I thought to myself. "Do you have any questions Rei?". I snapped out of my trance and looked over to her. In response, I thought deeply if there were question lingering in my mind. "What does she look like?" I asked her. She was silently thinking when I heard a load caw outside. The out of nowhere, a spec of white came into my view.

Turns out my albino crow had a message for me. "Caw! Caw! Rei-san shall assist Tanjiro-kun in his next mission!" She informed me and Tanjiro. I looked back at the two demons. "Well I guess it's time to go, right Tanjiro?" I asked him as Yuki perched on my head. He nodded and looked backt to Tamayo and Yushiro. "It was nice meeting you both, we would love to stay but our next mission was already declared." He said to them, returning to standing straight.

I nodded and waved at them as Tanjiro and Nezuko followed behind me. Nezuko had ran infront of me, "Hey! Nezuko! Don't go running off like that!". Before running after Nezuko, Yushiro called out to us. "Tanjiro! Rei!" We looked back at him. "Your kid sister... is a beauty." Tamayo smiled at the younger demon while me and Tanjiro just looked at him.

Tanjiro laughed and went to chase after his sister while I was slowly following. "Rei..", I looked back "Hm? What is it Yushiro?" I asked him confused. "Whenever we get a chance to meet again, I would like to get to know your yokai friends more.." He told me with a slight blush on his face. "I also wanted to say that... your also very pretty.." Yushiro said, embarassed. I laughed and hugged him. "Thank you Yushiro, and when we do get to meet again I will introduce you to the yokais but for now I gotta go. See ya!" I bid him and Tamayo.

She waved at me while Yushiro was frozen. Once I was off I heard Tamayo's faint voice say, "You like her don't you?". I smiled and searched for Tanjiro and Nezuko. Leaving Asakusa was quite peaceful, if you would cancel out Tanjiro and his crow arguing. I followed behind him, annoyed. 'I swear to god, I will rip this crow's feathers off if he keeps cawing so loudly..' I thought looking at the black crow then to my albino crow.

"At least you much more quiet, aren't you? I know your also irritated by the crow right?" I asked Yuki. She cawed loudly, grabbing the attention of both males. "Caw!! Stop arguing all right!?" She cawed loudly into my ear. 'Now that's a first, at least she managed to silence both of them.' I thanked her, not directly. "South-southeast! South-southeast! South-southeast! Your next location is southeast!" The crow yelled again.