Chapter 8: Together

{Rei's POV}

Me and Bakeneko, with Tanjiro on my back, headed towards the front of the house only to see the temari demon suffering from a hand coming out of her mouth and stomach. I gagged at the sight and turned my head to the side while Bakeneko stood infont of me, keeping from looking at the horror infont of us. "Did she just die?" Tanjirou asked, still horified at what happened. "She will die momentarily." The woman said to him.

I slightly turned my head towards them, trying not to look at the pool of blood infront of her. "That's the curse. Her physical body will be destroyed by Kibutsuji's cells still in her body." She explained to him. 'So that's what happened when you say Muzan's name. Horrifiying..' I shuttered at the scene of the demon getting crushed by Kibutsuji's hands.

"In general, battles between demons are futile. It's pointless. Because they can't inflict fatal wounds on each other. Only sunlight and the swords of the Demon Slayers can do so." She continued explaining while I still stared at the wall, avoiding the bloody pool. Bakeneko was just shielding me from the scene since he knows how sensitive you are when it comes to things like that.

"Kibutsuji alone appears to be able to destroy demon cells." She later finished. Tanjiro looked down and thought deeply when suddenly hands covered our mouths with a cloth. I took the cloth out of the males grasp and held it tightly. While he just held the cloth to Tanjiro's mouth and nose. "Don't go inhalibg Lady Tamayo's spell! It's harmful to the human body! You got that?" He told us, irritated. Tanjiro nodded while I ignored him and stared at the woman named 'Tamayo'.

'So that's her name, Tamayo.. beautiful name.' I thought to myself while looking at the female demon.
"Tanjiro..." She called out to him which got me out of my thinking trance. I looked over to her and listened. Bakeneko kept close to me incase I gag again and maybe vomit. "She is not one of the Twelve Kizuki. The Twelve Kizuki have numbers engraved on their eyeballs, but this demon doesn't have one. Most likely, the other demon isn't a member of the Twelve Kizuki either. They're too weak." She explained.

When she finished, Tanjiro's face slightly went pale at the thought of those two demons being weaker than tha real Twelve Kizuki. "Too weak? At that level?" He asked in disbelief. "If Lady Tamayo says so there's no mistake. Still, who knew there were such stupid demons? She physically injured Lady Tamayo. She got exactly what she deserves." He said to himself but I practically heard it. 'This guy really has a complex for Miss Tamayo..' I thought, sweatdropping.

She then extracted blood from the remaining arm of the demon. "I hope this blood will be instrumental in developing the healing serum." I tuned out what she then said and returned to Tanjirou's question.
"I mean, it wasn't really that hard. I've faced a Twelve Kizuki before and it was quite easy." I whispered but unfortunaly, everyone heard. They turned their heads towards me in shock. Also quite startled since they totally ignored me. "What?" I asked them when I looked back.

"You've fought one before?" Tamayo asked me, suprised that she's seeing a Demon Slayer who had killed a Twelve Kizuki before. "Well.. yeah, but it was more of a lower that an upper. I just managed to encounter one on a mission with a hashira." I told them, still looking away. Then Bakeneko came out defending me, "Oi! Can't you see that Rei-sama is uncomfortable!?" He yelled at them.

I looked at him annoyed at his attitude, "Bakeneko!! What are you doing huh?" I asked annoyed at him and grabbed his head pulling him back. "Is that a yokai?" The male asked me. I looked at him and nodded, "It's my breathing style, it isn't a popular breathing style because a special swordswoman made it." I explained to him.

"Hm.. interesting, for now do you want to come with us?" Tamayo asked me and in response I nodded. She looked at a certain direction, I followede her gaze to see Nezuko sitting down. "I'm going to take care of Nezuko. Not only did I medicate her, she also inhaled my spell inadvertently. I'm so sorry." She apologized to Tanjirou.