Chapter 4: Kagaya Ubuyashiki

{Rei's POV}

"Mother! Father! The person who forged my sword is here!" "We're coming dear!, we're coming!" My father told me. I told Mari to sit anywhere while I make tea for all of us. While I was making tea, I heard my parents walk into the place where Mari was sitting . They were talking when I came back with the tea.
"So Mari.. where is the sword you forged for my daughter?" My father asked her. She perked up and removed the cloth that was covering the sword. My mother excused herself for a bit, when she came back she was holding the case that I used at the Final Selection. "Does the blade fit inside this case?" My mother asked.

Mari took the blade then inserted it inside the magenta case. "Seems like it fits!" She exclaimed.
She handed the case to me. I took the case out of her hand, opened it and took out the sword and waited for it to change. After a few minutes of waiting, the colors started to appear on the blade. At first, I thought it was red then it turned into blue the next was white. I had never seen a sword with 3 colors before. When I looked back to the three l, they had the same expression as I had.

"Wow.. thats amazing.. a three colored nichirin blade!!" Mari exclaimed while drinking the tea I made. My mother was amazed at how beautiful it came out. Father was more amazed, since he was a swordsman he had never seen anything like this. "Thank you Mari" I said to her while closing the case. "For forging my blade" I finished saying. "Your welcome! Just try not to break the blade, takes a long time to forge another blade like that y'know?" She said while winking. I laughed. "Of course, may I escort you to the door? Its the only thing I could do to thank you" I asked while standing up.

"Sure! I do have something to say to you to!" Mari told me, she said goodbye to my parents before standing up and following me. "So what is it you want to me?" I asked, she smiled. " I'm telling the whole village about your blade! Everyone there would be suprised to know that a slayer has three colored nichirin blade" She exclaimed excitedly. "Village?" "Yes, a village. People who forges sword for swordmen live there, I am one of those people!" She explained. I just nodded, 'A whole village for people who forge swords? Incredible!'.

When we arrived at the door, Mari hugged me asid her goodbyes. I waved at her and wished that her travel back to the village was safe. When she was out of sight, I went back inside to clean the used teacups. Right when I was picking the tray up, my father called me. "Rei!! Could you come here for a sec?" He asked loudly, "Sure! Let me just put the teacups in the kitchen!" I answered back to him. After putting the cups in the kitchen, I quickly walked to my room where father was sitting.

"What is it dad?" I asked him, "A black crow with bandaged wing came in with a letter, it said that the letter was for you." He finished saying. 'Black crow? Bandaged wing? Isn't that the crow I found at the Final Selection?' I thought to myself. He then took a sealed letter out of nowhere and handed it to me. I opened the letter and read it out loud,

'Greetings my child,
Thank you for saving my kasugai crow from an attack of a demon. I am truly grateful for what you did, I also came to know that you are the only one who survived the Final Selection. I am impressed by your talent in swordmanship, I know that you must be wondering who I am, right?. Well.. I am the head and leader of the Demon Slayer Corps, Kagaya Ubuyashiki. Slayers call me by 'Oyakata-sama' but I want you to call me Kagaya. I know your wondering why I asked you.

My crow had informed me that you will be traveling while training your breathing style. While traveling, I want to take you in as my own child also a slayer who does missions that only you could do. You may also train while stating here, if I say that you could do anything. You could. If you accept please tell my crow and I will send a kakashi to bring you here, alright? Thank you, Rei Tamotsu