Chapter 14: Seishin

{3rd person POV}

The two females hugged each other for a while. Zenitsu on the other hand wasn't taking it so well. Tanjiro stood up as Rei and Nezuko parted but still held hands. "Zenitsu, Nezuko's my--", "Tanjiro..." Zenitsu cut offed Tanjiro's sentence as the three turned to him. "Listen here," Zenitsu said as lightning emitted from him. "Z-Zenitsu?" Tanjiro asked as Rei pushed Nezuko behind her back.

"Nezuko, I want you to run to the other room alright? You'll stay with me tonight." Rei told her as Nezuko nodded and quietly ran to the other room. "Listen here. Just who do you think you are? You've been traveling with a pretty older  girl then you have this girl this cute with you too?" He jealously stated.

"When I first met you, I was stunned to see a pretty girl with you, while traveling. I thought Rei was has a lover or some sort but turns out she doesn't." Zenitsu stated as Rei sweatdropped. 'Oh boy..' She thought as she walked beside Tanjiro. "But, with a girl this cute in tow, day after day, you've been traveling and you've been on cloud nine the whole time, huh?"

"Give me back the blood I shed!" Zenitsu furiously yelled at Tanjiro as Rei stood there. Fuming at him since it was past midnight. "I... Listen, I... I didn't give it my all just so you could spend time in la-la land, making out with a girl! That's not what I got pummeled and kicked by that weird wild boar for!" He yelled.

"Zenitsu, calm down--", "Zenitsu." Rei darkly called out. Both men froze up. "Don't you know when to shut that loud mouth of yours? It's past midnight, and you're here blabbering about Tanjiro with a cute girl. Yeah, I know, she's cute but you didn't let Tanjiro finish his sentence." Rei shot at the shivering male. "Nezuko is Tanjiro's little sister. She turned into a demon when Muzan Kibutsuji attacked Tanjiro's family. Luckily, Nezuko survived but not their family. Now just shut your mouth and go to sleep. Good night." Rei angrily said as she slammed the door.

{Rei's POV}

As I slammed the door, I silently opened the door to my room to see Nezuko patiently waiting for me. She ran towards me and hugged me. "Nezuko! I'm happy to see you too!" I told her as she snuggled into my chest even further. "Nezuko... I'm tired right now so I need to take a nap. But you could stay with me if you like?" I asked her. "Mhmm!" She hummed happily as she shrunk to her child-size and raised her arms.

I lifted her and laid down with her. I woke up from a loud sound came from the other room."Ugh.." I groggily groaned. I sat up and looked around trying to find Nezuko.

She was lying beside me with a thick blanket covering her. She looked up and saw me. Nezuko hugged me as I hugged back. "I'll take you to Tanjiro, okay?" I asked her as she nodded and stood up. I followed her and opened the door to see the pitch-black sky. Eyes scanning the area to see if there were anyone and I managed to locate Inosuke sitting there looking out. "Man, I'm starving." I heard him say.

"Nezuko, can you go without me? I just gotta get something alright?" I asked her as she hummed and skipped towards Tanjiro's room. I went back into a room and grabbed a small bento box and walked back outside. With small steps, I went towards him while holding the packed up bento box. "Inosuke.", He looked up to me and looked down at my hand which was holding the bento. "What's that?", "This? It's a bento box." I explained. "Bento?" He asked confused, I opened the box and showed him the food inside.

He lightened up. "I heard that you were hungry so I decided to give the extra bento that I packed," I told him while setting the box in front of him. The bento contained rice, tempura, and tamagoyaki. He carefully took the box and started eating it. Once he finished he placed the empty bento box beside him and looked at me.

I was looking up at the starry sky when I noticed Inosuke looking at me. "Tell me, how did you end up in the mountains?" I asked him, turning my head towards his direction. Inosuke stared at me for a while before looking down. "I heard from the villagers near the mountain that a baby was dropped into a river while the parent died on a cliff. I guessed they were talking about me and my mom." He plainly said as he kept looking down.