Chapter 25: Letter

[3rd person POV]

Tanjiro was cut off by him choking on air. Luckily, Shinobu carefully brought out a bottle made out of clay before opening it. She walked towards Tanjiro before bending down with the bottle of water in her hand. "I do believe you need some water," Shinobu told him as she held the bottle in from of Tanjiro. The boy looked at her hesitantly before biting down the opening of the bottle as he started to hastily gulp down the water. "You've injured your jaw, so please drink slowly."

"It contains a painkiller, so it will make you feel better," Shinobi explained as Tanjiro sharply panted before clenching his jaw. "It's not as if you're wounds are healed, so you mustn't push yourself." The Insect Pillar advised before changing the topic. "Now then, Tanjiro Kamado..."
The boy inhaled before looking up to the female in front of her.

"That demon was my younger sister! While I was away, my family was attacked by a demon, and when I got home, they were all dead! My sister got turned into a demon, but she's never devoured anyone! She never has... and never will! She'll never hurt humans no matter what!" Tanjiro explained with full confidence. "Spare us with your absurd ravings." Iguro told him.

"If she's family, no wonder you're defending her. I can't trust a single word you're saying. I, for one, don't believe you." He finished saying as he kept pointing at the burgundy-haired boy. "She's been possessed by a demon. Let us kill this child immediately so that she can be liberated!" Tanjiro please them to listen as he started to tell why he became a slayer in the first place. "I became a swordsman so that Nezuko can be cured!"

Tanjiro paused before continuing, "It's been two years since Nezuko became a demon! And in all that time, she hasn't devoured a single human!" Tanjiro desperately explained as his voice had gotten louder. "Your story's spinning in the most drab way possible, idiot. The fact that she hasn't eaten anyone that she won't from now on. Don't just give us lip service. Prove it to us with the max flamboyance." Uzui sternly told him.

At that point, Muichiro was looking up at the sky to see a large bird circling in the air. "What was that bird again?" He muttered to himself as he wondered what kind of bird was flying above them. "Um...", "Excuse me? I do have my doubts, you know. I just can't imagine Oyakata-sama being in the dark about this situation."

Mitsuri stated as the taller males beside her looked at her as she looked back at them. "Do you really think it's okay to deal with him without his permission?" She questioned them before looking back at Tanjiro. "Shouldn't we at least wait until he arrives?" Mitsuri asked. "My sister... My sister will fight with me by my side! She can fight as a Demon Slayer to protect humans!" Tanjiro stated.

Bakeneko went running towards Rei and Kagaya who were still inside his room. 'Rei-sama..' Bakeneko called out to her as she turned her head towards him. Bakeneko went through the door before whispering to Rei the discovery which angered her. 'Watch them. Don't let them do anything to Tanjiro or Nezuko. You are able to intervene as much as you want.' Rei allowed the yokai.

The yokai nodded before running back there. Rei faced Kagaya before sighing in frustration. "Is something the matter, Rei?" He calmly asked her as he took a sip from his tea. "The other Hashiras are planning to kill Tanjiro and his sister. Without your permission either..." She told him. Suddenly the doors opened to reveal Hinaki standing behind the door.

Rei stood up as she held Kagaya's hand, helping him stand. Once he is fully standing straight up, she and Hinaki led Kagaya from the room and into the hallway. Once they were there, Rei heard faint yelling from outside the manor and has gotten anxious and mad at the same time. 'They better not do anything, especially to Nezuko.' Rei thought to herself.

Rei took the chance to grab Kagaya's legs so that she could carry him bridal style. Kagaya chuckled while Hinaki placed a hand on her mouth. "You've gotten quite strong, Rei." Rei smiled at him. "Since Bakeneko told me the news a while ago, I've gotten anxious for the siblings." She paused for a bit, "And I could hear a very faint sound of yelling." Rei explained as Kagaya hummed.