7 | Growing Friendship

The sun was high in the clear blue sky, the grass bellow swaying at a slow pace as the sound of children playing games echoed throughout the open space.
Buildings made of brick and mortar were scattered around the area, pathways full of sticks and stones connecting different spots for activities that seemed to be designed for young school kids.
Wooden benches stood to the sides of the walkways, spread out by a relatively large distance, one of the seats currently being occupied by a pair of eight year olds.

"What do you have for lunch, Will'?" a person with golden hair and pale skin asked the figure to their right, turning to face them whilst looking into their dusty green eyes.
The darkly-skinned boy with pitch black hair replied in a kind voice, "A chicken sandwich and some BBQ flavoured chips, although if I'm being honest - I don't really like BBQ flavoured things. My mum just doesn't know me well enough I guess."
The other chuckled slightly, dark brown eyes closing for a few seconds as they laughed.
"Yeah I know, the third time this week - but COME ON!" the male in a pale blue top and darker pants exclaimed, "At least you get something Ce-ce!"
The recently referred to student snatched the plastic packet out of her friends hands, a smirk plastered onto her face, "Sure, but you really need to tell your mommy that you don't like these things directly."

"Yeah, I will," William stated, his friend and himself calming down a slight bit, "but that doesn't change the fact that your parents are insane."
Cecilia opened her plastic-encased chips whilst responding, "Well that's true, but then again, who cares about them at this point? They're pretty much spoiled brats."
"No one." the child smiled, unwrapping his sandwich which he placed onto his oversized dark brown jacket with light brown paint-patterns that sat over-top of his lap.
The girl in a yellow top and oversized shorts giggled a bit before plopping a chip into her mouth, holding the bag in her right hand and placing the snack onto her tongue with her left hand.

The green-eyed kid took a large bite out of his sandwich, lips curved upwards as he chewed on his lunch, "Mhm~ Yum-yum."
"You're addicted to chicken sandwiches Will', I don't even know why, but you are." Ce-ce commented, pulling another BBQ flavoured chip out of her packet.
"Eh, not my fault Ce-ce - not my fault." Will' replied, pulling the food away from his face to smile at his friend, who returned the grin with joy in her eyes.
Joy, that wouldn't last forever.