8 | In the Unknown and the Lonely

Quick Author's Note:
For those who are seeing this recently after it came out, I apologies deeply.
I have had the worst mental block and writers block for the past half a year and I feel horrible for not posting any content, not even for Pride Month.
I feel as if I have no excuse, but at the same time I feel as if I need a break which I didn't deserve.
I never really write notes like these in my books, however, this will most likely be deleted in the future.
I don't believe deep down that any sort of apology could make up for this, so... this chapter is all I can do for now.
I'm sorry if I wasted your time, and please enjoy this chapter of A Story of One of Many.
(P.S: I won't be doing any more cover art for my chapters here unless I say otherwise.)

- C' (Author)

~ 1 Year Later... ~

It was dark; cold, lonely and dark.
Pitch black if you will.
The faint outline of an endless hallway seemed to be the only thing in sight, a few dusty wooden doors connecting to said space.
There was no light source in sight, however - there was something there, or rather, someone.

A figure in dark shades of grey and accents of purple slowly made their way through the seemingly abandoned area, a hood over their head which only allowed a single strand of bronze-shaded hair to fall over the 'being's pale face.
Speaking of pale, when one says pale, this means snow-white pale - as if they'd never seen the sun in their life.
Their dark brown eyes scanned the area, as if looking for something dangerous or even life-threatening.
But nothing came.

They continued to walk until they had reached a door which seemed identical to the rest, minus one thing.
There was a certain noise coming from inside, past the plank of dark wood.
And the sound only got louder, once the figure opened the door.

The room, or should one say open space, had walls like those of the hallway outside - or, a wall.
The room was more of a sphere than anything, and relatively large too.
An unidentifiable sound which resembled movement or shuffling echoed throughout the open space loudly, maybe, a bit too loudly.
A big console-like desk that resembled something from Inside Out sat in the center of the area, being coloured various shades of grey with very few 'colourful' features.
Behind the button-covered desk stood about half a dozen screens the sizes of luxury-home TV's arranged in a grid as if hooked to a wall, but there was no wall behind those pieces of technology - just more empty space.
If one were to be completely honest, the space was relatively excessive - but no one cared, for there was no one to care.
For the only person there didn't care, didn't believe they could care, and wasn't a person at all.
They were a persona.
A forgotten, never heard of persona indeed.

~ 7 Hours Later... ~

It had been several hours of sitting in a dusty purple office chair, but it felt like years to them.
They had been staring at the screens for what felt like a lifetime - a useless, lifetime.
Their dark grey heel-boots clanked against the seemingly non-existent floor, the facet fiddling with their grey sleeves which turned into fingerless gloves at the ends - their nails painted an arrangement of blacks and purples, accented with sharp whites.

"Come on Raz, just keep going... Just ten more minutes and you can go fill out that journal and try to fall asleep - even though you probably won't." the asset told themselves, before raising their voice and leaning back into their seat, "Oh who am I kidding?! I haven't gone to sleep in a week and a half already! Which one of the shadows could say that I'm going to sleep tonight?! Or today... I'm not really good at keeping track of time. Then again, C' is only just learning fractions - so who am I to talk? Who am I to talk... to..."

Their frown suddenly went away, being replaced by a moderate expression - as their eyes flew back up to the televisions which were floating above in mid-air.
On all of the screens could be seen at least one figure with the same brown eyes as Raz laying down in some sort of bed (one of them being in a hammock) with some more comfortable clothes on, unlike what the currently awake trait was wearing.

The figure wore what seemed to be a mixture of a grey hoodie, long sleeve t-shirt and fingerless gloves with a black waist-length cloak (attached to their neck with a silver button) over the top and some black jeans to go with it - oh, and don't forget the boots and purple underside of everything they had on.
They had golden hair with brown ends, dark brown eyes, pale skin (as previously mentioned), chapped lips and bags under their eyes heavier than a bunch of elephants.

Speaking of bags under their eyes, Raz's eyes begun to slowly close before they shot open at the sound of an alarm - coming from one of the speakers which were plugged into the TV's.
"Ugh... mornin' me." a voice could be heard mumbling through the screens, before the persona pulled a bunch of levers - causing the entire display to shut down.
A red light glowed from inside a button in the center of the table, which was the only thing left illuminating the space.
After it was pressed, all of a sudden, a robotic voice echoed; "Awake System Activated. Cecilia Corona is being Awaken. All Personas are being Awaken. ... !Action Complete!"

Raz yawned, covering their mouth as they sloppily approached the door, entering the lonely hallway and taking that endless walk once again - back to wherever they needed to go.
They were exhausted, not just from a lack of sleep - but from a lack of socialization.
But then again, can one really say it's a 'lack' of something, when it's something that they've never had?