x8. The world is not so Candor

It was a couple of hours later when Ellie woke up, just to find out it was time for dinner and she was almost alone in the quarters.
That wasn't her initial plan, but after this rough afternoon, she probably needed a break.

She rubbed her eyes lazily and stood up. By the watch on her mobile, it was time for dinner.

She should probably head to the Pit, that's where her friends were for sure, it was her first thought.

Not completely aware was she among the living or the dreamers, Ellie started a slow and lazy walk to the Pit, wanting to wake up, but it was so hard after today.

Near the rail bridge, she hesitated finally, deciding it was time to try to put herself together before walking, or she could kill herself.

Eric would be so disappointed if it was thought that she committed suicide. Why does that matter? It didn't. Or did it?

And that was the idea that woke her up entirely, which disturbed her.

She wasn't supposed to let herself think about Eric in that inappropriate or any other way.
She couldn't ignore the obvious fact that he was handsome as Hell, but he wasn't the man for her.
He was for someone else.
Older.
Tougher.
Stronger.
Among his ranks.
But she will soon enter his ranks?

Shit, Eleanor, keep it together, she scolded herself.

When she began walking, cold air gently blew over her face, but instead of keeping her up, she enjoyed it as if it was a dream.

But not for long.

The screams lanced through the air and it alarmed her.
Her first instinct was back-against-the-wall to see what was going on, but it was only for a second, because...

"Come on! Get her over!", someone yelled and she heard a girl screaming again. Someone she knew and cared for.

Oh God, no.

It was Tris.

"No!", Eleanor saw the boys holding up Tris on the edge of the Chasm and screamed in panic.

Without a doubt, those were the people from the quarters.

Her running to save Tris was probably something they didn't count on because they stood in shock for a second.

"You filthy scum.", was the only thing she was capable of saying, and hopped on the back of the boy holding Tris by her neck.

"Shit!", someone swore disturbed, because she thought it correctly, they didn't see her coming.

And truth to be told, Ellie might struggle with fears but she was forceful when it came to fights. After Peter, one of the best fighters in their class. Someone to be feared of.

"Take her down too!", the boy behind yelled at them harshly, and as soon as the boy has letten go of Tris, he pushed himself backward and threw himself with Ellie on his back, on the wall.

Eleanor fell off quickly, not counting on the brutal wall behind her, but she was still conscious enough to shovel him with one leg, so the boy tripped and fell.

Ellie, already covered in blood jumped on him and the shock overwhelmed her. Tris managed to take off his hoodie. It was Al.

"Al?", she spoke, stopping herself,
as she would do without a doubt
with any of the people she started caring for since they came.