x4. Hunger games

"Seriously, El, do you think Divergents are real?", Al was asking questions ever since they got up, and it was already noon

They were preparing for fights.
And no matter how much Ellie liked him, and she did, now was growing bored.

"Are you seriously asking me this in
the middle of the training?", she couldn't contain herself anymore and rolled her eyes, leaning on the boxing bag he held, near him.

"She wouldn't even recognize a Divergent, even if she met one. You're asking the wrong girl, pal." Peter interfered as always, being somewhere behind them.

She didn't even have one single nerve to turn and look at him again, but she did.
Was Peter prying on their chatter??

"Oh, because you are such an expert on the subject in your free time? Please, Peter. Put your money where your mouth is.", she let out.

Peter, of course, being his usual self, opened his mouth to say again something vile, but the sound of strong footsteps coming in interrupted him from doing so.

"First fight!", Eric announced, still walking towards them, making all of them tremble for all sorts of reasons. "Tris versus Peter!"

"What?", Ellie and the rest of her friends turned to look at the situation.
Peter smirked at them vengefully. Ellie was now officially pissed of.

This is not how her day should have started.

"Uh-oh.", Will was upset. "It's Eric. He's just trying to get back at Tris.", he concluded.

"Tris, make him break a sweat, then punch. Let him go first, it will exhaust him.", Ellie snatched her hand quickly when Four interfered and simply took her and her timid face to the ring without looking at any single one of them. He was speaking, walking beside her, obviously advising her.

"All right there, stiff? Look like you're about to cry.", Peter smiled widely. "Might take it easy on you if you cry."

"Come on, Tris!", Christina shouted.

But...
Tris was down in twenty seconds.
Of course, she was. Eric set her up to fight the number one initiate on the scoreboard.

Eleanor looked at him, he looked back. "Why??" was written all over her face. But, he just shifted his gaze indifferently back on the ring.

Tris grunted. She fell to the ground half aware of the world.

"Get up. Get up.", Peter shrieked at her.

"Come on. Stop playin' with each other.", Eric rolled his eyes.

That was one thing they both had in common, they rolled their eyes indefinitely when annoyed or bored.
He looked bored now.
And what was even worse, Ellie saw it, he was.
He was here for blood. Tris's probably since she was the one to provoke him in the Knife room.
Peter behaved like a dog that received a command.
He was becoming a true Dauntless, from her viewpoint.