x3. Put that dagger in my heart

Of course, Eric's kindness didn't last very long

Eleanor was called for a fight with a Dauntless-born girl first thing in the morning.

"No offense if I break your pretty little nose.", the girl was confident.

"None was taken.", Ellie replied, already prepared.

Her bad luck was that Ellie analyzed every living person who was called out to fight so far.
So she wasn't afraid, knowing already that her opponent was too aggressive, which was a plus.

She avoided her for a couple of minutes until the girl grew tired.
Catching a good moment to attack, she threw a few kicks with as much force as possible and the Dauntless-born girl was down on the floor.
Eleanor did feel sorry for her because that chick was pretty terrible at fights.
Probably even worse than Tris, if that was possible.
Or she simply just thought that Ellie will fight back with Encyclopedia in her hands and was caught unprepared.

"Go, go, Ellie!", Uriah cheered with Christina beside him.
Ellie smiled widely looking at Eric, who surprisingly did look back.

I am up for the challenge, her smile said.

And Eric looked like he understood the meaning of it.

He wasn't grumpy, but he was trying probably to teach her or them a lesson.
What kind of lesson that was, Ellie wasn't sure.
Maybe he just did it to cover for his behavior last night, which was nice for how nice Eric Coulter could be.
In the next moment, she took Uriah's hand and shook it, so happy she won the fight.
The girl behind laid in unconsciousness and the boys took her to the nursery.

"Peter, I think you might end up behind her if she continues like this.", Christina pinched him with her words intentionally. Peter just turned his head, preparing to say something vile and stupid, when...

"Candor mouth, in the ring. And you too, whatever your name is.", Eric suddenly called Christina and another Dauntless born for sparing.

Ellie looked at her considerably. Will stood beside her, taking her by the shoulders just before she entered the ring.

Did they hook up? Ellie was surprised by his gesture. She will so ask him about this later!

Sadly to say, Chris wasn't still that good at fighting and the girl kicked her to the ground in a minute.
As soon as the fight caught the group's attention, it ended with her spitting the blood out of her mouth. Luckily, not the teeth, too.

"Stop! Stop!", she cried out desperately, breathing heavily. "I'm done ... I'm done...", she surrendered.

"You need to stop?", Eric asked, while approaching her.
That surprised Ellie. Was he just nice again? This isn't going to end up well.

She nodded her head. "Let me give you a hand.", he helped her stand up at her feet.

He is nice again, Ellie thought, what's happening around here?