x2. The dots

Ellie was partaking in their first few days of physical training

Guns, revolvers, fights, climbings, knives, everything she has discreetly enjoyed her entire life.
It was a dream come true to finally get out of the open with this.

"Have you been practicing?", Christina looked at her surprised, as they were shooting arm to arm.

"A little. When I had time.", she quickly looked at her with a smile. She didn't hit the target's head in the forehead, though, but she did " kill" all the targets in front of her.

"How? I thought that weaponry was forbidden in Erudite."

"Who said anything about weaponry, Chris?", Eleanor once again that enigmatic smile of hers and then shot the chest of the target twice before the riffle was officially empty.

She decided not to tell that Erudite had developed the simulation machine.
Something only a small number of people there knew of and used for studies.
One of those people was her parents.

Guns and fights were her sorts of study. It was almost the same as the simulation.
She found out that after taking the Aptitude test.

"Less talking, more working!", Eric yelled behind them. She shivered

Eleanor hated this fascistic system Dauntless had, but yet, surviving it was the only way to get her where she wanted.

And she wanted to be Dauntless. She was born to be Dauntless. She simply belonged there.
There was no way she was going to be under the line.
Not even in a dream.

***

"Are you prepared to fight, Ellie?", Peter cuffed her shoulder with his.

"Peter cut the crap.", she was annoyed as always.

"Oh, c'mon, you can't be worse than you were before.", Peter smirked.

He implied the times when they used to practice together in the school, both already knowing they were going to choose Dauntless. They used to think they will enter the Dauntless together.

It was all so gone in the past, Ellie thought.

She wanted to come back at him with something, but Eric hit them both on their shoulders by walking between them in his ignorant way.

"First jumper! In the ring.", he referred to Tris Prior, without a pardon. "Last jumper! Time to fight.", he called out Molly, a Candor born, twice in size as Tris.

"How long do we fight for?", Molly asked, while Tris looked petrified.

And she had every right to be, Abnegation was still written all over her face. Plus, Molly was very ugly, completely dangerous, and quite, quite skilled.

"Till one of you can't continue.", Eric said.

"Or one of you concedes.", Four added.

"According to the old rules. New rules, no one concedes.", Eric spoke coldly.
Four confronted him over this and that's where Ellie saw the first positive aspects in this man - he was fair and honest, but very tough to deal with. It even reminded her of herself.
But, there was no time to think about positive elements of people - the clock was ticking and Tris was ready to be slaughtered.