x21 Recovery

Author's note:
I dedicate this chapter to someone I lost and genuinely cared for recently.
This is the last chapter that I am writing in hope that you will find your way back to me through your labyrinth.•

"Ellie, this is not what we agreed on!"

Four's shouting roared through the passageway she was in, hiding in the nook and trying to make peace with the fact that Will was gone.

It's been ever since yesterday that she was grieving again.
Will was the only person in the school who wanted to befriend her when they were in the class.
Other Erudite children found her too different and now she knew why; but not Will, not him.

In time, of course, everything encircled, but their friendship remained. Once they realized they were going to try out for Dauntless, both of them, it even bonded them more.
At that time, her nasty breakup with the Candor villain, Peter Hayes, was the high school anecdote and she was bearing with what was left of her dignity, but Will still stood her ground.
She even used to spend her free time in his parent's house, because of how lonely she became with Gale and Dalila constantly being gone.

That rode to another question: why Evelyn described them as desperate for a child when all they did was hire a nanny to live with her?
That, for sure, remains an enigma.
And all that was left of her good, old Will were these beautiful memories.
Luckily, she had a picture or two in her small luggage that has been snatched from Dauntless by a few of their people wanting to join the Factionless.
Reportedly, the divergent ones.

They supported the new so-called "Eaton family" and Tris who plainly exemplified each and one of them.
Still, Ellie despised being called Eleanor Eaton.
She was still a Cabbano and she always will be.

Marcus Eaton never knew he had a daughter and even if he knew, he would probably beat her up ...until she kills him, from what she heard. Because one thing Ellie now and Ellie then had in common was a very bad temper and a lot of strength when it came to violence and fighting.
In this, she was similar to Eric. They were both ruthless when provoked.
The only difference was that Ellie was a good person.

Four's voice abruptly woke her up from her thoughts and she hopped back on her feet, realizing this must be about Tris. She knew what she has done. And she didn't regret it.

"It is not, I agree."

"Tris is in a fragile state now

"Tris is in a fragile state now.", he was pissed. "Everything sets her off. And she was tormented by what she has done! You were supposed to protect her!"

"And she was supposed to protect Will.", was the only thing she said, staring straight into the eyes.

"Will shot at her mother. You don't get to give her any crap about that!"

"Will was in the sim!", she finally screamed back at her big brother. "Leg, hand, shoulder, everything was an option!"

"He wouldn't have stopped, they didn't feel any pain in the sim. You know that, you made that damned thing.", Four ruthlessly affirmed and that is when it got to her.