Jennie ☆ Safe With Me

🗣 Not Requested

👩 Fem!Reader

WC ~ 1,690

⚠️ Warnings / Misc: Angst, Anxiety, Fluff, Happy Ending

♡ Happy reading ♡

□《》■《》□《》■《》□《》■《》□《》■

"Y/N, it's Jennie. She needs you."

The second that your brain processes those words, you're on your feet, mind beginning to race. 

After the staff had called you in a panic earlier, you came as soon as you could. They failed to inform you, though, that it was something concerning Jennie -- likely because they knew you'd drive like a maniac in order to get there as fast as humanly possible.

"What happened?"

"She had an attack on stage earlier and she still hasn't fully calmed down. We got her some water and she's in her dressing room right now, but she keeps asking for you."

With that, you thank the backup dancer and exit the waiting room, quickly making your way to her. The winding hallways of the backstage area seem longer than they ever have before, and you can't help the antsy feeling that creeps over you. 

Upon turning the corner, you spot Jisoo outside of Jennie's door, a heavy look of contemplation on her face. When her eyes meet yours, worry flashes across her features -- considering how strong she always stays for the other girls, this comes as a bit of a surprise. Despite the stutter in your step after seeing that, you continue on nonetheless.

Rosé and Lisa are further down the hall, the low chatter of their voices carrying over to Jisoo and yourself. "This one was pretty bad, Y/N. Take care of her, okay? I'll keep the others occupied." With a nod, the two of you part ways, and you open the door.

You make sure to enter slowly, not wanting to burst in and frighten her in her already anxious state. "Hey, jagi. Come here." The words come out softly, a gentle request, as you open your arms to her and sit down beside her on the small couch. Wordlessly, she crawls over to you and settles against you. Now, holding her close, you can feel every tremble and sniffle that she lets out. Your world shatters a little more with each erratic pulse of her untamed heart -- you can feel every beat against your own chest. Her head is resting on your shoulder, her warm cheek pressing against your skin, and her lips lightly brush your neck.

It wasn't anything sexual -- it's something that she does everytime you hold her, no matter what. She once told you that it brought her comfort to feel your pulse point against her lips, the steady beat working to regulate her own. So, everytime she gets anxious, you assume this position with her. 

"I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner, but I'm here now, baby. I'm not going anywhere." Your left hand rubs soothing circles on her lower back as you use your other to play with her hair, knowing the calming effect it has on her. Her body begins to relax into you, and you feel the weight start to lift from your shoulders.

Having an inconsiderate boss always sucked, but never more so than at times like these. Even after explaining your reason for needing to leave early, he didn't budge. He fired off the cliché, "If I let you do it, then I'll have to let everyone do it too!" In a moment of crisis, Jennie needed you more than anyone else, and you couldn't even be there for her. Even though it wasn't your fault, you can't help but feel guilty about it. Her reasoning for finding such comfort in your mere presence still baffles you, but you're always willing to offer it when she needs it. 

She must have noticed the dejected look on your face, because she pushes herself up enough to press a kiss to your cheek. "I love you; thank you for being here. Now, will you tell me about your day?" You nearly melt at the sound of her sweet voice, paired with her declaration of love. It still makes your heart skip a beat, and based on the light smile that tugs on her lips, you're sure that she felt it.