Platonic!Jisoo ft. Rosé ☆ Don't Hate The Player, Hate The Game

🗣 Requested On Tumblr

👩 Fem!Reader

WC: 956

⚠️ Warnings / Misc: Fluff

Note: This story focuses on the friendship between Reader & Jisoo, but it includes a side of romance with Rosé

♡ Gamer Jisoo makes her debut! See if you can spot all the references I put in this story :) ♡

□《》■《》□《》■《》□《》■《》□《》■

"Coming up mid; there's three on your left!"

Your teammate thanks you for the heads up, and you continue to fight off the enemies that attempt to capture your flag. Fully immersed in the game, you don't even notice when Jisoo pads her way into the room, leaning against the wall to watch you play. Her eyes are aglow, the inner gamer in her totally geeking out over your skills. After seeing you take down a particularly difficult player, Jisoo can't contain her excitement anymore.

"Yay Y/N! Good job!" The sudden words startle you as they cut through the previous silence of the room, and you jump forward in your chair. As fate would have it, that break in concentration served as the perfect opportunity for a sniper from the opposing team to kill you. You sigh in frustration, letting out a little exclamation at the defeat, and Jisoo has to stifle a laugh.

"That's a pity," Jisoo says, coming over to give you a hug as an apology.

"Yeah yeah," you nudge her, playfully pushing her off. She grins back at you before going to sit on the nearby futon, her body plopping down onto it with a soft noise of impact.

Since you're back in the lobby now, waiting for the next round, you take a minute to look over the chat of your livestream and talk to your fans.

"OMG, can Jisoo say hi to me?""Jisoo, speak English.""I LOVE YOU JISOO."

Amused, you read some of the responses out loud for the unnie to hear. Before long, she's back at your side, greeting all of the viewers.

"Hello everyone, how are you? I'm so happy to be here with Y/N today." The words come out clearly, and you praise her for getting even better. It's clear that she's been practicing, and you're really proud of her. One of her cheeks raises, that iconic little smirk of hers playing on her lips, and she thanks you.

Your eyes dart across the screen in an attempt to read as many responses as you can, and one in particular catches your eye. "They want you to play a round." You announce and look up at her, waiting to see how she responds. She eagerly accepts, pure giddiness on her face as she bounces up and down.

Once you trade spots, you remove the Pikachu hat from her head and put it on your own as you place the headphones over her ears. Before you can even begin to tell her more about the game, she's already firing off a million questions.

"Yah, Jisoo, hold on!" You laugh, shaking your head at her. She scowls at you, her weirdness coming out as she snarls and barks at you.

"You're so strange."

She giggles at herself now, smiling as she watches the fans light up the chat at her behavior. Your best friend is a weirdo, but so are you; being normal is boring.

"Alright, so this is the map. Our base is here, and the enemy will come from over there. You just have to protect your flag and try to retrieve theirs." You inform, and she takes the knowledge in with a simple nod.

"I got it," she declares, her accent making you smile. She's so adorable.

With one final pep talk, she starts the game and you stand at her side, watching intently. You analyze her moves, jumping in every now and then to give her some pointers and assistance. The fans are sending her words of encouragement, and you make sure to read them to her to boost her spirits.

"Hey babe, what's up?" Rosé asks sweetly, wandering into the room.

In unison, Jisoo and yourself quickly shush her, your minds focused solely on the game. She just chuckles at how into you guys are, and she silently comes up behind you to watch. Her arms snake around your waist while she rests her chin on your shoulder, and you melt into her embrace. In a wordless apology, you turn your head and connect your lips in a sweet kiss. She hums into it, pulling a smile from you.

Jisoo lets out a teasing gag at this, telling you two to get a room as she jokes with your teammates. After a few more minutes, the round ends with Jisoo getting the last kill. The instant replay appears on the screen, and she shouts happily. To your horror, you see that she's just beaten your high score... and this is her first time playing the game. You don't know if that speaks more for how bad of a player you are or just how talented Jisoo is, but you go with the latter in order to save your ego.

Sending you a cocky smirk, she says, "Sorry, not sorry," before dropping an imaginary mic onto the table. You can't believe she just roasted you in front of your fans like that.

"Wooooow, Jisoo. After everything we've been through." She just shrugs, bopping her head from side to side cheerily. Rosé fights back a laugh, but it disappears immediately upon spotting the glare you send her way.

After gloating a little more, Jisoo stands from the chair and turns to you, giving you a genuine smile. She squishes your cheeks, knowing that that never fails to cheer you up, and she gets just the reaction she was hoping for. You roll your eyes before giving in, and soon the three of you are laughing together.

"This isn't over yet, unnie. I'm so gonna beat you when we play together."

She scoffs at your claims, fully confident that she can wipe the floor with you. "We'll see about that one, Y/N."