Rosé ☆ Must've Been The Wind

🗣 Requested On Tumblr ↙️

🎶 Song Prompt / Request: "Must Have Been The Wind" by Alec Benjamin

🌌 AU: Non-idol

👩 Fem!Reader

WC: 8,795

⚠️ Warnings / Misc. -- Abuse, Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Fluff

A/N: Hellllooo, my lovely readers. I'm back! This one gets a little heavy, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless. Make sure to drink some water and keep taking care of yourselves for me! Don't forget to comment and vote if you like it :)

♡ Happy Reading ♡

□《》■《》□《》■《》□《》■《》□《》■

Wednesday, 2:49 PM

"Thanks again, Y/BFF/N. I owe you one." You smile, putting down the last of your moving boxes. Your quaint little apartment is filled with them, and you'll be spending the next few days unpacking everything.

"You owe me like 10 favors, but sure." They grin at you, stepping closer to wrap you in a hug. Strong arms envelop you in a warm embrace, easing any fears you might have about being on your own for the first time.

"I'm really gonna miss your lame ass, you know?" They say, their cheek pressed to yours.

"Who wouldn't?" You ask as you pull back, wiggling your eyebrows dorkily.

They laugh their signature laugh, one that you've both spent your youth making fun of, and you try to commit it to memory. You'd like to think that you'll see them often, just like you did when you went to school together, but you know the reality of life.

"I'm gonna miss you, too. A lot." You look into their eyes sincerely, having had your fun before. They're one of the only people you'd trust with anything, so being apart will prove difficult.

"Yah," they push your shoulder a little, tearing up. "You're making me soft, quit it."

You giggle, "Alright, enough with this. Let's go eat our takeout before you have to go later."

They light up at that, deciding to race you to the kitchen. Their maniacal laughter bounces off the walls as you chase after them, knowing they'll make it there first and call dibs on most of your favorite food.

You round the corner, nearly crashing into the doorframe as you struggle to stop your momentum. "I'll tell your sister about the time you flushed her fish down the toilet and told her the dog ate it!"

They slowly turn around and narrow their eyes at you, their fingertips still resting on the brown paper bag. "You wouldn't dare."

"I would," you raise your head, challenging them. You fish your phone out of your back pocket, scrolling through your contacts before locating their sister's number and turning it to face them. "Back away from the bag," you instruct like an officer, hovering your finger over the call button. "I don't wanna have to do this."

They put their hands up, seemingly surrendering. Just as you're within arm's length of the bag, they pounce.

"SIKE!" They swerve around you, narrowly avoiding your hands as you reach for their sweater.

"GET BACK HERE!" You shout, now chasing them towards the living room.

-------

Your legs are tucked underneath your body as you continue munching on the tasty food, sitting next to your best friend on the couch. They're sprawled out, somehow comfortable even though their position looks anything but.