Rosé ☆ The Finer Things

🗣 Not Requested

👩 Fem!Reader

WC: 4,864

⚠️ Warnings / Misc: Pining, Some Self-Doubt, Fluff, Some Angst, Happy Ending

Note: Ah, here's a throwback. This was my first Blackpink story! Let me know what you think of it :)

♡ Happy reading ♡

□《》■《》□《》■《》□《》■《》□《》■

Part 1: Partners

"Alright class, settle in now. Today we'll be starting our new projects. You know the drill; they'll be a quarter semester long, and you'll have a partner to work with. That gives you 9 weeks to complete the assignment and be ready to present your creations. Your topic is "the finer things in life". Remember: there's no exact way to do this. Whatever that topic means, however you interpret it, just show us what you envision when you think of that. I look forward to seeing what you come up with."

Unsurprisingly, everyone is rather excited for this project. Considering this class is an elective, your classmates signed up for it knowing what they were getting themselves into. Regardless, even the stray few that enrolled for an easy A would rather do this than Calculus and Statistics.

Your eyes scan the room, and you smile upon seeing everyone light up as they discuss their game plans. Familiar eyes meet yours from across the room, and you feel a blush begin to rise to your cheeks. You mentally curse yourself at how easy it is for her to make you giddy, but you don't look away. The small smile that she gives you nearly makes you combust from the cuteness; you can't help the dorky grin that takes over your features.

Before you can fully melt under her gaze, your teacher speaks up again. You silently thank the universe for that divine intervention. "Now that you've had a minute to brainstorm, it's time for everyone's favorite part: partner time! I've chosen your partners based on your individual strengths and weaknesses as photographers; I want this to be a true learning experience for all of you. Being an artist takes constant growth, and I see this as the perfect opportunity."

Since your class is a fairly close-knit group of students, no one's upset by who their partners are. Mrs. Johnson continues rattling off the pairs, and you take a moment to look out the window. It's a beautiful day, the trees swaying gently in the breeze. The vivid red hues of their leaves are complimented perfectly by the bright blue sky behind them.

"...Y/N, you'll be working with Rosé." The second those words leave her lips, your eyes shoot to your partner's. It's an odd feeling, to put it plainly; those were the words that you were dying to hear, but also terrified of. After all, working so closely with your long-time crush would definitely prove to be nerve racking. You didn't have much time to worry, though, as Rosé sat down at the desk in front of you, turning the chair around to face you. It was clear that she loved to see what she did to you, your reactions to her words, everything. She studied you like her life depended on it, but you never noticed. Your brain was always too busy short-circuiting to take in the ways that she watched you from afar, remembering every detail, curve, and dimple of your face.

"So, how about we meet up after school today to get some ideas going?" She proposes, and you nod. "How's the park sound? I'd hate to miss such a gorgeous day." Her face lights up at your suggestion, and you smile at the sight. In her excited state, she rushes out, "That's just what I was thinking!" The two of you spend the rest of class chatting and goofing around, and go your separate ways once the bell rings. You send her one last wave, already missing her presence. To say the two of you are eager for your next meeting is a major understatement.