Chapter Thirteen

Damara

I sighed, looking and the finished kitchen, resting my elbows on the counter. Something my mother would have yelled at me for. As a child she had always scolded me for doing it. The pain of losing her and father came rushing back. They weren't they only family members we had lost. The kitchen looked awesome. Ready to cook for an entire pack. It had gone faster with Celeste and Robin helping out here and there. Along with doing nightly runs to get Celeste used to her new form, I was mentally and physically exhausted. Helping Camden had taking more out of me than I let on to anyone. I thought if all the kids I had to go find. They were not as safe as I thought they would be. Not anymore. Not with him coming after us.

Memories flashed in my head before I could stop the flood. Painful memories. Happy memories. Memories of our entire family. Barbecues, backyard camping, trips to the ocean, council meetings, hunting parties, birthdays and more.

"I know what your thinking about sis. He's never coming back. I wish we could have changed his mind but clearly it's not going to happen. No matter what we try or tried already."

I didn't turn around. Just let my tears fall. Cameron embraced me and hugged me tight to his chest.

"I wish he had turned up dead. That something human happened to him and there was nothing we or mother and father could do. When he went missing..."

Cameron said nothing as he comforted me. I wiped my tears and cleared my throat. I had to put it behind me. Re burry it down deep. I mentally shook myself, turned around and hugged my brother tight. This would work, this plan had to work. If it don't o did not know what we were going to do.

He lifted up my chin, wiped the remaining tears away and looked me in the eyes.

"It's going to be alright okay? Remember what father used to say?  Don't worry about anything, not when your together."

I smiled. Remembering our father and mother. The happy times. Their smiles and laughter. Before our other siblings came along, it was just the four of us. Cameron hugged me one more time before heading out the door. It was day two of three of working on the rooms and they were almost done. Camden and Robin had started making the bunk beds and night stands. Teaching Robin his wood working skills that Camden had learned from his father. It was a family trade.

I swung around and looked at the clock. Almost time for lunch. I went to the fridge and started making sandwiches. Along with changing, Celeste's appetite had changed. Soon so would Robin's. More food, thank the universe for the new giant fridge. By the time I was finished I had gone through three loaves of bread. We had big appetites. Had to keep up with the enormous amount of energy we expanded and used during shifting and after. It was a lot.

Camden, Robin, Cameron filed in and chairs scraped around the new table. As soon as I set the plate down, hands reached and grabbed sandwiches. I smirked as Camden winked at me and then took a bite.

"Pig." I muttered. Robin and Cameron laughed as I turned around to grab waters. When I stood back up, I sensed something was different. I turned around and the chairs had been pushed out and abandoned. Camden and Cameron were tensed and looking warily at Celeste. Robin had backed up and was slowly inching his way behind me. Fear clear across his face.

She was shaking and definitely spaced out. Tears running down her face. Her hands were halfway between human and Lycan. Something was not right. She was a danger to herself and everyone in the room right now. The air was tense, ready to explode. Her eyes started flickering between normal and white.  Her hands started flickering and changing back and forth. Something was horribly wrong with her. She was growing powerful and she wasn't strong enough to handle this all at once. Not yet.

All of our minds, except Robin's, was flooded with images of what she was seeing. It was of Kayla. What she had gone through, and it showed she was in Texas. We had to go get her now. Celeste took one step towards us, stumbled and passed out. Before I could even move, Camden caught her as she fell to the floor. She stopped shaking.

"Is she going to be okay? What's happening to her?"

Robin said, looking scared for the first time since we had gone and gotten him. His concern for Celeste was very evident. He had adapted quickly to knowing he was one of us, a Lycan. His shift wasn't going to happen for another few weeks yet and he had already had started to pick up on so much more than we had thought.

"She'll be alright after some rest. It's been quite a few days, for all of us."

Cameron said as he opened the door to let Camden carry Celeste into her room. I followed after, grabbing a sandwich and a plate, water bottle in the other hand. For the first time in a long time, I wanted to pray.

Camden

After I laid Celeste down, I quickly left the room. After seeing what happened to Celeste, I need to get some air. I grabbed two more sandwiches and left. The rooms were almost done, Robin had been helping me make beds and nightstands. He had been a fast learner, was more than willing to pick up the skill than others I had tried to teach.

Memories of a different time came to my mind. Flashes of smiles, of my family. One of those kids out there was my younger sister. I had a stake in this just as much as Damara and Cameron did. I needed to find her. I needed her to know she wasn't alone. I needed to find Charisma.

Time flew faster and the next thing I knew I felt a tap on my shoulder, looked up and saw Damara. Without a word she sat down next to me, took my hands in her and snuggled into me. She was the only one who knew what I was thinking about. She knew that we would be in this together for as long as it took. Without another word, we watched the sun set.