Chapter Ten

Celeste

It was 3:00 am when a surge of power surged through my entire body. I gasp and bolted forward from my position next to Camden. The transfusion line ripping out of my arm.

Startled, Damara and Cameron woke up too, staring at me.

"Celeste? What is it? What's happening?" Cameron spoke first as he disconnected his line and carefully put the stopper on it, and hanging it up on a hastily made hook. He bandaged his arm and headed towards me. Damara was still sorta out of it. She merely blinked and looked at me.

"How, how can you not feel it? Someone shifted, for the first time ever. They are in danger....no, she is in danger...."

I squeezed my eyes shut. The pain in my head increased. Images of blood, of her, of her shifting.

"Celeste? Talk to me!"

Cameron said as he came over and caught me before I fell over. I started shaking. My arm was still bleeding. Cameron pressed his hand up against mine, covering the rip. I started feeling woozy. I spoke, but I barely heard myself.

"Her name is Kayla. Kayla Rigers. She's in trouble. She saw her parents murdered before her eyes....the blood...."

"Dam. Thats not good. She wasn't supposed to, the stress must have...."

Damara said. She tried getting up but slipped back down. Camden groaned and grasped her hand. She looked at him before her eyes fluttered shut. Her breathing was slow and even. Her heart thudding in her chest.

"Damara, unhook. I think Camden will be okay now."

All Damara could do was nod. I heard Cameron curse as he called Robin upstairs.

"Robin help Damara unhook. Bandage her and Camden. Then get them some water and food in them. They may not want to eat but they have to. Their sugars are low, we all need food and water."

I was struggling to keep my eyes open. They flickered open and shut. I wanted to sleep so badly.

"Celeste hang in there. Tell her, tell her to go to Texas. Tell her to keep running, don't stop running."

With the last of my strength I sent the message. I only hope Kayla heard me. I could only hope. My eyes closed again and I could feel the cold seeping in.

Robin

I reached Damara and Camden and unhooked them both. After bandaging them up I dashed downstairs and brought food for everyone. As I was helping Camden sit up and drink I saw out of the corner of my eye that Celeste wasn't doing well. What ever had happened, hadn't been good for her.

"Is she going to be alright Cameron? She's so pale."

He nodded.

"She will be fine. I have seen this before. She needs water and food, and rest. Keep an eye on Damara and Camden."

"Okay. Will do."

I went back over and watched Damara and Camden eat and drink. Camden still had one of Damara's hand's in his. She didn't seem to care anymore. At least for now.