A lunch In

"I-I" Ben stuttered as he looked up dazed. Of course, he hadn't expected it to work, but anything was better than not trying. "...I'm sorry" he finally said in a quiet voice.

Evan looked down at Ben with slight pity. 'How come he's still so scared. I thought things were going well.' He thought. "No, you don't need to be sorry." He said in a soft voice with a sigh. "It's not like I'm mad or anything. It's just I'm still so confused about you. What you are and where you're from. But honestly, I don't want to hurt you, no matter what you say or do I promise that nothing bad will happen while you're with me" he said softly.

This seemed to just be going on in circles. Ben looked at Evan with pleading eyes, not sure what to say.

"Please believe me," Evan said as he leaned in closer to Ben. He did want to get to know him, he wanted to know more about him. He just couldn't do that properly when Ben wanted nothing more than to just get away from him.

Ben wanted to believe that. He wanted to trust Evan that he wouldn't hurt him, but he just couldn't bring himself to do it. Even if Evan didn't realize it, he was dangerous. "Please just let me go." He said softly as he looked down at his feet avoiding eye contact.

Evan looked at Ben for a long while. 'I can't let him go yet. I still have questions, I still want to know more about him. I need to know more about him. This is one of the greatest human discoveries in years and I can't just let him get away...but if I keep him here against his will I know he won't cooperate. Not only that...I just don't want him to feel uncomfortable. I want him to feel safe. He should know that he's safe here. I'll protect him' Evan thought. "Look, I know that you want to go home but there's nothing to worry about, you're safe here. I'm not going to let anything bad happen" he said leaning in closer.

Ben scooted back a bit. 'Great...' he thought to himself sarcastically. It seemed like this human wasn't going to let up any time soon, so it looked like he would just have to try and wait him out until he let his guard down. No matter how long that would take. With a sigh, Ben decided that he would just have to give in, for now, no matter if he believed it or not he'd have to make the human think he did. "All right." He said. He paused as he looked Evan in the eyes. "I trust you," he said.

Evan couldn't believe what he was hearing. He looked at Ben sigh shock as a small smile grew across his face. It was a relief to know that at the very least he wouldn't have to worry about him trying to run off. "Thank you," he said with a sigh and a small smile. "I know this is probably scary for you but as I keep saying, I promise you your safe here"

Ben nodded. "Yeah 'scary' is an understatement" he whispered to himself.

"Oh....sorry"

When Ben heard Evan respond he stiffened. He wasn't expecting him to have heard what he said as his face grew warm. "I didn't...uhh..think you would be able to hear that." He said with an awkward laugh.

Evan nodded. "heh, I almost didn't" he chuckled. "You're so quiet I have to lean in to even hear you."

Ben shrugged. "Well I have been quiet for the most part lately, if this were a different scenario you'd be the one trying to get away from me" he smiled.

Evan cocked a brow. "Oh? How so?" He asked with a smirk.

"Well, normally I'm the one that does all the talking. I'd probably be trying to get you to compete with me somehow." Ben laughed.

Evan smiled as he rested his head in his hands. "What sort of competitions?" He asked. He was glad they were back to just talking it was nice, and the more they spoke the more he just had to know.

Ben continued. "Oh, just normal things. Like a race or an arm wrestle or something." He shrugged.

"Well I think we both know who's gonna win that" Evan laughed