A Nice Night

Ben shifted uncomfortably as he stared at Evan. "Look, I know you didn't know." He said quietly. "This day had just been a lot and I'm a little, how should I say, defensive" he said looking down at his hands and fidgeting with his fingers.

Evan slightly nodded. "It's just...I want you to feel comfortable here. I know you said you were but its just that I can't seem to stop making you feel uncomfortable and I really hate doing that. I just want to get to know you but I can't do that when I keep scaring you and making you feel uncomfortable or..." he trained off going quiet. After that mini rant he didn't want to look Ben in the eyes and it seemed Ben had the same idea. 'God why do I have to do this? How come I can't just have a normal conversation.' He though as he let out an exhausted breath and dragged his hands down his face keeping his eyes closed for a moment. When he opened them Ben had backed up again and Evan had messed up again. He let out a snarl to himself, that once again prompted Ben to take more steps back.

Ben watched at Evan seemed to grow angry. He didn't know why, he'd thought things as been going better. Had he don't something wrong? He backed up as his heart beat faster. Though when the human let out a growl he almost had a panic attack. He backed up more as he stared up at Evan who was staring back at him now. He didn't know what to say, or even if he should say anything. He didn't even want to move.

"Look, how about we just do something?" He asked as his eyes softened.

"Something like...what?" He asked while he stood stiffly.

"Like a movie or a show or something? Something to get our minds off.. this." He said with a small awkward laugh. Trying to lighten to mood, seeing how Ben looked so uncomfortable at the moment.

Ben thought for a bit before he nodded. "Well, it wouldn't be too bad I guess" he said with a slight shrug. He tried to play off his attitude as nonchalant but he was still panicked on the inside.

"So what do you wanna.." he trailed off in the middle of the sentence. Realizing that he probably wouldn't know what shows to watch considering the circumstances circumstances. "Watch" he finished his sentence in a quiet
tone feeling embarrassed.

Ben realize the oven probably didn't think he knew what shows were. Though he gets scolded from Kris, he did stop and watch from the show from time to time when he was borrowing one one of them or both was watching the TV. It was very enjoyable for him. "I like that one about the humans and the titans" He said with a smile. The animation was great and the story was even better though it was sort of close to home in a way. But not by much.

I haven't looked at him for a few seconds before he raised an eyebrow. " you like attack on Titan?"

Ben only nodded with an 'mhm' and a smile.

"Now don't get me wrong it's a really good show.. but wouldn't it be, I don't know. The little scary, do you know for someone.. like you?" He asked. He love the show to but it did surprise him how this small man would like such a brutal sure but in all honesty might have been very close to his biggest fear was considering how he lived.

Ben noted "yeah sometimes it can get a little intense. It.. it's still a good plot and I do love the show, just it hits close to home sometimes. With how easily the titans kill the humans. It's sort of like the creator met a borrower or something." He laughed a bit even though the prospect was mostly morbid.

"A what?" Evan asked.

"A.. I didn't say anything." Ben said as he stood straight up and his while body tensed.

"Yes you did. You said a borrower." Evan insisted.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" Ben said hold his ground.