Stealing Sweets

Kris and Ben had just finished borrowing from the pale humans room. He was the messier of the two for sure, so it was a lot easier to borrow from him. However, since he's more of a night owl the small boys needed to borrow while the two of them are out working or going to classes. As the two hurry back to their home Kris was extremely exhausted from all the running around he had done. Since the human's room is such a mess both Ben and Kris each do their own tasks each time they go to borrow from him. This time the dreaded paperclip run was Kris's job. Not to say that's it's as dangerous as any other borrowing the two needed to do in order to survive, because in all honesty, it's actually pretty straight forward. The only reason they both hate it is that the stupid human always moves them around! They'll be on the desk one time, then under the bed, or on the bookshelf like the very next day! He had to go looking around the whole room until he found them shoved in the closet with other art and writing supplies.

" I mean, come on? Shoved in a closet who does that out of nowhere!" Kris said as he took in deep breaths. Ben nodded in agreement as he walks beside Kris. Needless to say, a human makes life a lot harder than it has to be. But there wasn't really a way to get around that regardless. Kris stumbled through the doorway panting while Ben walked in behind him. Kris crashed down on the couch the two had made together using an old sock and a sponge. Kris let his bag fall to the ground at his feet.

"Next... time... you're on... paperclip duty," Kris said in between breath.

Looking back to him with a smug face Ben said "Hey don't get all mad at me because you couldn't find the paperclips."

Kris closes his eyes and said through clenched jaws "I could have found them faster if you helped me you know."

In response, Ben only laughs while he emptied a tan borrowing bag out onto the also homemade table. "How about this, I'll go out and borrow some food and you can stay here and get some rest for the afternoon," Ben suggested with a hint of sarcasm.

He looks over and slowly nods with his eyes closed, "Yep sounds good, I'll see you in a bit. Oh, and be safe ok?"

As Ben slung the bag back over himself as he nodded. "You know I'm always careful Krissie."

He only glares as he says "Yeah yeah just get going. Also, don't call me that."

Ben heard Kris say as he left. Shooting back an immediate response like always Ben said "See you in a bit Krissie" as he laughed to himself he quickly made his way through the walls. Ben had been borrowing here for more than a year at this point. Not the hardest place to live, but then again where would be an easy place for someone like Kris and Ben to live? Always staying out of sight from the very real possibility of being killed. Kris and Ben have been together since they were roughly the same age and have known each other for basically all of their lives have gotten close to each other, they were practically family.

Kris and Ben happen to be only about a month and a half apart, but they're not really related it just so happened that the borrowers parents only lived a house away and once Ben's old human moved out they were invited to live with Kris's family and so on and so forth from there. Finally, after a bit of time, considering the height difference between humans and borrowers, Ben made it to the kitchen. Gently moving aside the small door carved into the wall he snakes his way through. "Ok, what do I need?" Ben says as he thinks out loud for a moment. 'I'll just look around and see what I can find.' He thought.

As Ben walked he notice something near the fridge, a silver wrapper catches his small eyes from all the way on the other side of the counter. His heart pounds in his cheats as a smile rises to his face, making him flush red from excitement as he sees one of both his and Kris's favorite foods to borrow from the human. "Jackpot!" He says quickly as he makes his way over to the shiny silver wrapper. Ben may have been overreacting just a tad but Kris would do the same if he saw this just left around for either one of them to take as much as they pleased. He said with a wide smile. Finally standing above the delectable pastry, the holy grail of leftover foods, Poptarts.