Jealous

Ben held his breath as he was pressed against another human. It wasn't hard, he could tell Evan was trying to lean his chest away so Ben wouldn't get hurt himself. He'd grown tense the moment Evan had spoken to this other human, he didn't know who this other human was, other than the fact that he'd heard her voice throughout the class talking to the others at the table. He waited as the two of them talked, he waited a good 10 minutes even after Evan had begun walking home he'd only peeked his eyes out a bit to look at Evan, who had a small smile on his face, slightly pink as if had been blushing. Ben felt a little pang tug at his heart when he noticed that, he didn't know why, but he couldn't help but feel.. disappointed.. In some way. Ben kept quiet until Evan spoke up, unlike the last time they'd been walking down the same street hours before.

"Ben?" Evan said softly. "Are you doing ok?" He asked.

Ben nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." He said softly. "I was just a little shaken up" he admitted.

"I'm sorry about that." Evan said quietly. "I didn't know she was going to hug me."

"So who was she?" Ben asked.

"Oh, she's just a close friend of mine." Evan said simply.

Ben didn't say anything for a bit. 'Just a close friend..' he thought. He wanted that to make him feel better, though, it didn't. He didnt know why, but he was still feeling a little resentful. Ben wanted to dig a little deeper into this 'close friend' of Evans, but he didn't exactly know how to do so. Instead he just stayed quiet again, keeping his head ducked in the pocket.

Evan kept waking, he was a bit concerned at how Ben was staying quiet, opposed to his normal chatty nature. He was fine just before last class. Maybe he'd just been taken off guard when Cassey hugged him and he was still trying to calm himself down. After all, Evan was the only human that Ben had ever met and his reaction the first time was anything but calm. Even if he hadn't outright been seen by her, he probably was still in shock from having been so close. He decided to let him be for the remainder of the walk home. Once Evan reached the apartment he walked in, unsurprised that Andrew was still out at his own classes. He made his way swiftly to his room, still checking once more and making sure that Andrew had left, before shutting the door behind him and locking it. Setting down his bag he quickly sat at his desk, slowly and cautiously reaching his hand into his shirt pocket and grabbing Ben out by his waist and set him down on the desk in front of him.

Ben squirmed a little when Evan grabbed him waist. He hadn't been expecting to be grabbed, though the grip was gentle he still wasn't in the mood to be held. He took a step back before looking up to Evan, meeting his eyes.

"So.." Evan said after a few moments of awkward silence. "What did you think?" He asked

Ben shrugged. "It was cool." He said honestly. "I liked it, but I will admit my legs are a bit stiff." He admitted.

"Was it worth it?" Evan asked.

Ben thought about it for a while. Of course it was worth it. Had gotten to learn stuff he'd never even thought he'd learn, he'd gone somewhere had never thought he'd go, and on top of all that he'd gotten to spend more time with Evan. It wasn't like he could just outright tell Evan why he'd enjoyed just sitting with him. "I'd do it again sometime." He said finally.

Evan smiled. "Good to hear you didn't get too shaken up then" He commented, "Speaking of which." Evan paused. "You didn't get hurt when Cassey hugged me, did you?" He asked.

Ben stiffened, getting a bit hostile . "No." He said quickly.

Evan let out a sigh. "Ah, good." He smiled. "You seemed a bit distant after that. I'm sure it still gave you a scare though, sorry"