Corey's POV:

I could put a gun to my head right now. I do NOT want to continue with Slipknot. A couple weeks after we had the meeting, Ash was on the news. They had a picture of her with missing signs all over the place. First of all, she's not missing, I have her. Secondly, she's safe. And lastly, she didn't need to be in the Asylum. Everything is bull shit. I was sitting alone one night and Ash came in with tears in her eyes. Great.
"Ash sweetheart! What's wrong?" I stood up quickly, moving towards her. She held Caroline's journal in her hand and stared at me.
"Why do you have that?" I asked, slowly taking it from her hand.
"She hated herself... she... she needed help Taylor... You didn't help her!" Ash cried. Shaking my head I tried pulling her into a hug but she moved back.
"She locked herself in the basement for over a month, never coming out. Kinda like yo-" I was cut off with her yelling at me.
"DON'T BRING IT UP!!!" Ash screamed and tried hitting me. I grabbed her arms and held them up so she couldn't hit me.
"You don't want to hit me Ash. Stop this." I said and pushed her out of the room. Ash stumbled over a rug and fell. "Godda- TAYLOR!" She mumbled and quickly stood up. Her hair was now in front of her face, blocking her sight. I took advantage and grabbed her, pulling her down on the couch and pinning her down.
"Bad... Bad bad bad.." I repeated.
"Get off of me, you're heavy!" She screeched and squirmed underneath me.
"Hey. Don't be harsh, I'm not that big, right?" I questioned, slightly smiling. I knew I won the 'fight' when she cracked a smile.
"Ass...." She whispered. I moved off of her and sat her up.
"Okay little one, what do you need to know?" I asked. Frowning, Ash moved uncomfortably and brushed her hair back.
"Why was she always so depressed?" Memories came back to me. Caroline was beginning to stay away from me, so I went down to her room to talk to her. Turns out she was cutting her wrists open, trying to kill herself.
"She had a bad past. She never trusted anybody and things always had to be her way. She just never really found life to be fair I guess." I started getting nervous. I hope she didn't read about my addiction.
"Okay and she also said something about nobody could take her but her... What does 'take' mean? Was she raped?" I remembered that line too. There wasn't a lot of writing in the journal so I could remember it most.
"Well I'm not sure yet. I found the journal awhile after she died so I couldn't ask her. At first I thought she meant it sexually. That didn't make sense though. Then I remembered she did drugs a couple times. To get taken away from the world. So something else could take her. So she could take herself away. But im not for sure." I found heroin in the large dressers once. She tried telling me it wasn't hers. I don't even know how she could get it. Caroline was turning into a monster. She was going crazy. I turned back to reality and took Ash in for a hug. It was probably hard for her to take all of this in.
"I'm sorry Ash..." I soothed, rubbing her back. She probably wouldn't go back in the basement for awhile. She nodded her head and said she understood. But I knew she didn't.