Corey's POV:

I arrived at my house and looked over at Ash. She was asleep and her hair was slightly covering her face. I picked up her legs and put my arm under her neck for support and started carrying her to the house. I went in, and closed the door. From the front door you can see a formal dining room, part of the kitchen, the stairs, and a little bit of the upstairs. It was a very open house with high ceilings. I carried her downstairs and into a large room. (The basement.) That's where Caroline lived. There were a couple bedrooms upstairs but she loved the basement. There is a small kitchen, bed, and bathroom. It was almost like a whole other house down there.
I stared at Ash asleep in my arms, she looked so peaceful. I set her down on the bed and softly rolled a blanket over her. She truly was beautiful, almost everything about her was special. I walked back upstairs and locked the door. I didn't want her to start wandering around. Sitting on the couch I ran my fingers through my hair.
"Im not letting this one leave. I'm not letting her get away. Im keeping her until she dies." I told myself.
An hour passed and I heard the basement door handle jiggle. I quickly got up and opened it. "Why did you lock the door?" Ash asked, she looked so cute when she was confused.
"It locks from the outside whenever it shuts." I lied. I sat back on the couch and she followed. "Who's clothes are down there in the closet, I would've put them on but I don't know if anybody else lives here." She said.
I frowned a little and replied, "They were my wife's. She died though a little while ago."
"Oh...Im so sorry." she whispered. I could tell Ash was truly sorry, she looked so hurt. I smiled to try to cheer her up.
"It's okay, but hey, wanna go pick something out? I can do your hair and makeup, and make you look so nice, we can go out for a nice dinner maybe?" I asked.
Her eyes lit up and she smiled.
"Yes, please if you don't mind. I would love that." We both stood and made our ways to the basement.