Joeys POV:

I opened the door to the basement. A slow, cold breeze blew my hair back. Taking a step down the stairs, I turned on the light. As I crept deeper into the basement I realized how still the air was. It sent chills down my spine. "Please don't have there be anybody dead in here. Please don't have there be anyone down in here." I repeated in my head.
The entire basement had now come into view. A bed, a couple closets, a vanity, bathroom, small kitchen. But no girl? I took notice, seeing cobwebs and dust covering almost everything. The bed looked untouched, pillows in perfect place and comforter with no wrinkles. 'I'm guessing this is where Caroline lived... but.. I always thought she stayed in the upstairs room. So why would Corey need this?'
I turned to look at the vanity. Dust covered. The closets had old clothing in it, some of the whites were turning yellow. As I looked throughout the room, I became more and more worried. Who was the girl Corey talked about? I remembered the day that I had came. He started yelling at someone in the bathroom.. "The bathroom!" I whisper-yelled.
Running to the bathroom, I pushed open the door. It had clearly never been used for quite some time. Bugs laid dead in the sink, mold spreading in the shower and toilet. A vile stench lingered through the room which sent me right back into the main room. "Oh FUCK!" I shouted. I looked at the bed. Part of the cover was folded up, showing the sheets. I jumped, ripping the cover off. Blood stained sheets were laid upon the bed. "Where the fuck did all the blood come from?" I turned and
studied the room, soon deciding to look through the dressers. I opened a drawer. It was packed full of papers and notes. I pulled a handful out and quickly scanned them. They all seemed to be diary entrees.
"Everything has been doing well... Taylor has been so nice to me."
The handwriting seemed neat and lady like.. so I read on.
"He'd given me a home and showed me attention like I've never had before. It's a shame he has to drink so much... But when he's sober everything is ok."
I traded out a new note. This one had the same hand writing but sloppier.
"Taylor has gotten me into drinking. Boy is it great! Every grudge gets taken off my shoulders and it's so nice. Why haven't I tried this before?"
.........
"Taylor has became more aggressive lately. He slapped me the other night. Everything has gone down hill since."
.........
"I've run to my room... Taylor is shouting and banging on the door. He's drunk. He began to push me around so I pushed him back. I got slapped. So I ran here. I need to leave, I need to run away." This was getting interesting. I put the notes in my pocket, saving them for Sid and Jim.
I opened the other drawers. "What the..." I stumbled back. Inside were blades, needles, drugs... Anything you can imagine. But the same, nauseating smell returned. Causing me to run back to the bed.
"He's an addict?" I wondered. But the smell... It seemed.. Different? And then it hit me. 'Caroline... That's why the stench is so bad, because all the drugs are old. Caroline used them.'
I shook my head, trying to get the awful smell out of my head. Walking towards the stairs, I knew I was done. There was no girl here.
I climbed the stairs and opened the door, Jim and Sid greeting me.

*While waiting for Joey to come back up*

***Sids POV***

As we waited, I thought about how Caroline died. Corey explained it as she was dancing into the road.. they couldn't see the car. And how Jim said her window was open and exposed to the road. "Hey. Was the screen and glass taken off or just glass?" I questioned. Jim looked over at me and frowned. "You're thinking of this too.." He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Everything was taken off. Maybe for investigation.. I'm not sure."
A thought ran through my head. But I could be totally wrong. "Do you think.. Maybe Caroline tried to escape? Or run away? But when she tried.... she failed." A grunt came from Jim as he heard this. "That's what I was considering." He replied. Chills ran up my back thinking of this. Could Corey really drive Caroline out? Even after all that he did for her? How could he? I thought about this for awhile before remembering all the empty vodka bottles. My thoughts had been interrupted when Joey opened the door, coming over and sitting down. "What was down there?" Both Jim and I asked. His face was awfully pale, which indicated something bad. "Everything was wrong there..." He whispered. He explained about the bed, then the stench from the bathroom. And then all the notes, which he took out and read as he explained.
"Then wheres the girl?" I asked, looking at Joey. "There wasn't a girl down there. I searched and searched." He frowned. "What did you guys find?"
"Well... I found a note from her saying she was leaving." I said and handed him the sticky note. "Most of his Vodka bottles were empty as well." Jim chimed in. I nodded, saying, "Yeah and the room Caroline stayed in, the window had been completely taken off. Screen and everything." Joey shook his head. "Corey must have chased her off or something, and the she ran into the road."
Although it seemed unreal, it was the closest thing we could think of. "What about the girl?" I questioned. "I don't know... What really bothers me is that who was he yelling at that day? When nobody had been down there?"
I nodded at Joey's statement and shrugged. "Maybe he's hallucinating." I answered and chuckled, thinking how unreasonable that was.

Killpop (Slipknot)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें