CHAPTER XXI

"I'M HOME!!" F/n shouted, removing her shoes in haste. She was unbothered to arrange it, leaving these in disarray and Sakusa to grunt.

The male ace lowered his body to gently arrange her shoes. After that, he thoroughly cleaned his hands, dallying in his fingernails, with his sanitizer. He intended to leave Miyagi after meeting F/n's grandparents but Yuki pleaded more like, threatened him not to.

Because of this, his sleeping quarters for tonight will be in Yuki's guestroom.

Sakusa Kiyoomi slowly stood up and bored his eyes on F/n's humble abode. It was the traditional Japanese home. Considering it was her grandparents', it was inevitable to see that it was made of earth - stone. Supported by wooden pillars, the living room was covered in tatami wherein F/n's grandmother was sitting peacefully.

An empty cup was seen on the table and little crumbs were splayed beside it. In Sakusa's perspective, those observations would already be considered untidy. However, he paid no mind as a little F/n pinned on the frame caught his attention.

She was wearing (favorite character)'s costume, donning a smile of triumph. Jagged drawings were also affixed on the wall. He took his time in one particular artwork - an ant-like sun in the corner, sunflowers on the field, and three stickmen named: mama, papa, and me. In addition, written above was a big 'soon'.

Yes, F/n's house in Tokyo was modern and massive. However, its enormous structure was only a façade to shroud how empty it was inside. This, what Sakusa Kiyoomi sees, is supposed to be what her house in Tokyo should feel like - home.

"BABA!" F/n lunged forward to wrap her arms tightly on her grandmother. She rubbed her nose on her granny's wool coat and relaxed in the pleasant scent wafted in the air.

Her grandmother chuckled at F/n's antics and slapped her back playfully, "My, my. You've gotten thinner! Have you been eating?"

Yuki snorted, "She eats like a pig who's about to be killed."

The widow laughed at Yuki's snarky remark as she used one of her free hands to wave, "Still the same old mouth, Yuki-chan."

The female ace nodded vigorously, hugging her granny tighter, "I think it's just the training, baba."

Her grandmother groaned in exasperation, "Should I reprimand that coach of yours again?"

"Nope. Not again." F/n quickly declined the offer, her teeth gritting for emphasis. During F/n's years in Itachiyama, her grandmother would castigate her coaches and managers for not taking care of her precious grandchild.

Due to the pressure and guilt, one of the managers resigned from his post.

"Oh, come on." Her grandmother dissented, her lips puckered, "How can that Sakusa Kiyoomi wait for you forever if you're stick and bones?"