CHAPTER III

Another moment of silence. This time it lasted for about 10 seconds. Everyone was curious why one of the top aces called a short player, a future ace. "Oh, um. I feel like Shoyo-kun doesn't like the gift." f/n mumbled in response to the silence.

"You're such an idiot." Yuki rolled her eyes at her. Yuki smiled at her closest friend whom she considers as family. F/n was the type to do these things for everyone. Even though she was at the top, she'll still believe in the bottom. Yuki wrapped her arms around f/n, tears brimming on her eyes because the gesture right now was similar to what she had done before. Yuki wouldn't be at the place where she is right now if f/n didn't have faith in her.

F/n could see that tears were cascading on Hinata's face. He tried to wipe it, but the tears wouldn't stop. The ace panicked, wondering if black was not the best color for the gift.

"Shoyo-"

"Thank you, senpai!" Hinata shouted his thanks from the bottom of his heart. He was grinning at her, his hand clutching at his chest. He was reminded of his memories where everyone looked down on him- Coach Washijo, Kageyama, Ushijima, the audience.

"Thank you for believing in me when no one wanted to." This time Hinata couldn't hold back his tears anymore as he sobbed. He felt something soft hit his head. The middle blocker wiped his nose, his vision still blurry. He gazed down and saw that it was the jacket.

 He gazed down and saw that it was the jacket

"Stop being a drama queen. The future ace does not have time to cry, shrimpy-chan! Now, pick that up. Our ace was late because of that jacket." Yuki grumbled, feigning exasperation. Inside, she was feeling a lot of hugs-and-kisses. She was mushy and soft because she knew what Hinata exactly felt.

F/n lightly chuckled and gently looked at Hinata, "I hope you like my gift, Shoyo-kun." Afterwards, their coach called them, for the photographers were already ready to take the pictures of the team. Captain Hina and the other players shook their head in amusement since 1) f/n was still dense because she doesn't think that her present had a greater impact and 2) the list of boys adoring her has become longer.

"See you soon, Shoyo-kun!" f/n bid her goodbye, jumping ecstatically. On the other hand, Yuki wanted her farewell to be different, mischievous. Yuki enclosed her mouth with her hands to accentuate her voice, "If you want to kiss f/n, you better live up to her expectations."

Well.

This caused Hinata to faint from pure embarrassment. And. Yuki's derriere to be sore.