CHAPTER VII

(PRESENT)

*Contains manga spoilers*

"Can you please stop teasing me?" Sakusa's forehead creased more when he heard how amused Yuki-san was. Yuki called Sakusa while they were on their way to the academy. She was struggling to hold back her laugh since f/n was leaning on the window, sleeping. Everyone witnessed how f/n was a beast when something or someone, mostly Yuki, disturbed her slumber.

"You're probably sanitizing yourself more than the usual." She didn't listen to his implorations.

"Well, you're going to invade my private space again. After seeing you with that Shoyo, I wanted to be safe from any infection transmitted from him." Yuki bit her lip in astonishment. Why did the subject go to Shoyo? She thought.

"You know him?"

"Of course not." Yuki could hear the revulsion in Sakusa's voice which has gotten deeper. Speaking of Shoyo, Yuki and f/n consoled Shoyo for their loss. He blamed it upon himself, wishing he listened to his senpais before. If he did, he might have played longer in the court. F/n cheered him up by telling him that the three of them will train together soon. Yuki rolled her eyes in the memory since she was suddenly involved in f/n's promise.

"I just met him when both of you supported him." Sakusa grunted, reminiscing that memory was not in his list for today. Moreover, he was more bitter since they lost at the Spring Interhigh nationals against Inubushi Higashi High. It was bad timing that their captain-setter was injured, disrupting the equilibrium of the team.

Regarding his defeat, f/n and Yuki just conversed with him normally on the phone because they knew that Sakusa didn't take commiseration lightly. He will always feel that their comforting him equates to pitying him which is an insult to him no matter how hard they try to explain it's not.

"Oh? What's with that tone, Sakusa? You're jealous, aren't you?" Yuki chuckled when she could hear deep breaths from the incoming third year.

"No. I told you I just hate how you let him touch f/n-senpai like that." He justified it, taking off his jacket when the coach instructed them to stretch in a few minutes.

"Really? Well, I sure do hope he's going to be the future ace soon. Maybe, he'll get that kiss first-" Yuki stopped when she could hear Sakura's menacing growl similar to a predator looking for its prey.

"Woah. I'm just teasing you, hothead. Don't worry, whether or not he's going to be the future ace, you're going to be her future lover." Yuki smiled, remembering how the young ace would stare longingly at f/n. F/n's just too dense, she thought.

On the other hand, Sakusa couldn't respond to her as he felt his cheeks heating up and his hands getting clammy. "Bye." Breathlessly, that's all he could say.

Unfortunately, Yuki decided to laugh, more like guffawed at Sakusa's mortification.