CHAPTER X

(F/n's POV)

"Hm. Your heartbeat is actually normal. I don't hear any wheezing either." The nurse moved her stethoscope, clicking her tongue. She placed it on my back, changing the position of the instrument every second, "Nothing really, f/n-chan."

Even though I am still a first year in the university, the medical staff had become acquainted with me and my "antics". Particularly, skipping practice for a few minutes to indulge in their pristine and sweet-scented comfort room. Today, I escaped Yuki's tackle by running to the clinic. I don't need her incessant following today especially with this topic.

I whirled around and pouted, "I'm telling you the truth. My heart was so loud like 'boom boom'." I squeezed my chest in and out to emphasize what I meant.

The nurse chuckled and tapped the pen on her chin lightly, clearly thinking of what's wrong with me, "Well, mind telling me, what do you usually do before that boom boom happens?"

Sighing, I stretched my arms and placed them on the back of my head, "It's not what I do. It's what I see."

Thump. Thump.

Remembering Sakusa prompted my heartbeat to quicken its pace again. I groaned, not flabbergasted with this anymore. I bit the inside of my cheeks since I haven't moved on with the strange moment that happened between me and Sakusa.

My body just moved before my mind could react, I cursed in embarrassment. I can't even begin to comprehend the reason why I did it. In my judgement, it just felt right.

Sakusa coughed, flustered over what I did. Ostensibly, he didn't expect this to happen. I loosen my grip in our intertwined hands, "Gosh. I apologize I don't know what came to me. You must have been traumatized because of my sordid mouth. Albeit, I promise you I have regular dental check-ups."

He stared at me incredulously. The corners of his mouth were slightly lifted. I was about to let go of his hand but he held it tightly, not wanting to abide by my decision, "Sakusa-"

"Do it again."

"What?" My mouth was agape as I blinked in surprise. He grabbed a handful of his curly locks, closing his eyes. Both of our cheeks were flaring red similar to an ambulance sheering its way through an emergency.

"Komori told me that a kiss relaxes you, but it's actually the contrary. I should have never believed that faux website full of explicit advertisements." He murmured to himself, his right knee was bouncing fast.

Sakusa suddenly shifted his weight, leaning closer to me, "If something as simple as this gesture makes my head spin, I wonder will kissing you on the lips have the same effect?"   

Nothing interesting happened after his question. Fortunately, to pacify my emotions, Shoyo interrupted the moment by ringing my phone. He wanted to talk about how he was still brooding over the bad timing of his fever.