Chapter 2: The Plan, and the Goodbye

"And here's to our most successful mission yet!"

   Kurogiri, as well as the rest of the LOV, raised their glasses in my direction, saying basic congratulatory sentiments like 'Good job, kid!' and 'Yeah, you killed it!'. I smiled, raising my own glass before taking a sip. 

   "Thanks, guys. I couldn't have done it without you," I said. Half the team laughed, while the others glared playfully at me.

   "Stop lying, you totally could have if Shigi would let you!" An ecstatic Toga yelled in a sing-song voice. Shigaraki, who was not pleased at all about this comment, muttered about killing her--to which she just stuck her tongue out at him.

   "Anyways, what matters is that we got the package. Now that it's over with, can I please know what's inside? It's been killing me to find out!" I whined, earning a 'good' from Shigaraki.

   "Come on, Shigaraki. Let the boy know," Kurogiri urged the mopey adult.

   "Fine, fine." He caved.

   "We wanted the crate because it contained a serum allowing us to remove quirks like the pro hero Eraserhead." He said, making my eyes go wide. Toga let out a giggle when she saw me, and I quickly shook it off.

   "Really? Is the effect permanent?" I asked, and he shook his head.

   "In the testing papers--which you thankfully grabbed as well--It says the effect only lasts for 30-40 minutes." I gave a hum of understanding, and egged him to continue.

   "Instead of erasing the quirk entirely, it mostly just nullifies the body's response to the quirks activation. Kurogiri, come up with a good analogy," The man whined. Kurogiri shrugged, pausing for a moment to think before continuing.

   "Think of a stick of dynamite. Once the string attached is wet, the ignition fire is harder--if not impossible-- to start. However, after enough time, the string dries, allowing the fuse to light without a problem."

   "Thanks." Shigaraki said.

   "So...  what? Who do we use this on?" I asked.

   "Well, we were thinking we could use it on someone big in the hero industry, like All Might. Buuut... he's a teacher at U.A, so that's kinda hard now." One of the members chipped in.

   "We could use it on my darling so he couldn't run, and then-"

   "Or not." I interrupted. Toga sent me a pout, which I pretended to catch. I then made a throwing movement with my hand over to the nearest garbage. Toga pouted harder.

   Wait, so if we have some form of temporary quirk cancellation, that would mean heroes in our immediate way wouldn't be able to stop us, right? So, technically, if we were to increase the riskiness of our heists, but use the serum, that could dramatically reduce the danger element! The only problem with that-

   "Geez, kid. Just talk to us, you don't need to mutter." Kurogiri said.

   "Wait, I was muttering again?" I asked. A few of the recruits just silently nodded.

   "Well? What is it, brat?" Shigaraki pressed, slightly more energetic than before.

   "Well, I was just wondering... Since we have the serum now, we could potentially increase the riskiness of the heists, right?" I asked. A few heads nodded, so I continued.

   "So... If we were able to, I dunno, attack a well-established hero agency..." I trailed off, hoping someone would finish my sentences.

   "Then we, with the help of the serum, could potentially get access to higher ranking information, with almost no roadblocks along the way." Kurogiri finished. I nodded, and his eyes crinkled slightly.