Chapter 15: Repressed Memories

Everything was black.

And I mean everything. Geez, I think I went a little too far...

I sat in silence for a moment, taking the darkness in. I mean, there wasn't much to take in, since everything looked the same, but at least I'm somewhat familiar with where I am now.

Am I even somewhere? Or is this just in my head?

Well, whatever. Next up on my list is finding a way to get out of here.

If this even is a place.

Darn it, Izuku. You're going in circles with these philosophical comments. Time to wake up.

I tried opening my eyes, but I found that I couldn't. Or, at least, it was way harder than simply opening them. What if I try forcing them open?

With all my might, I managed to pry them open a little bit, and I caught a glimpse of rectangular overhead lights, which were currently turned off.

Hospital lights.

Oh, crap...

My eyes forced open all the way, and I sat up, gasping for air, which I just noticed I didn't have a lot of. My eyes darted around the room, before landing on a sleeping Nejire.

How long has she been here?

How long have I been here?

I looked down at my arms, which are covered in bandages. A heart monitor was placed on my finger, and what seemed to be an IV was connected to my arms.

After calming myself down, I turned back to face Nejire.

What looked to be afternoon light sifted through the closed white curtains to shed a bit of light on her face. Her eyes were closed, but the spaces around her eyes were a light red, and a little bit puffy.

She was crying... again...

And it's all my fault...

I looked back down at my hands, which I just noticed had a bit of recent scarring around the fingertips and knuckle. You can always tell when scarred tissue is new, because it looks a lot redder in color, and the skin around it is paler.

How could I be so reckless? I have someone who cares about me now, I can't just do whatever I want anymore...

And how is Icy-hot? If I killed him, that would kinda suck.

I heard Nejire stir from the chair, and she slowly rubbed her eyes, letting out the cutest yawn ever. She blinked a few times, seeing me stare at her, before she rushed over and tackled me in a full-body hug.

"I-I was so w-worried..." She cried into my chest, which I realized was unclothed as I felt her tears trickle down my abs. She pulled me tighter, bringing our bodies closer together as she continued to sob.

What have I done...

"I-I'm sorry..." Was all I could say in that moment as I felt her hair drape over us, encapsulating us in long periwinkle locks that shone faintly in the dim afternoon light. My hands hesitantly wrapped around her back, rubbing circles around it to try and calm her down.

After a few minutes, I feel her breath slow, and I look down to see her eyes closed.

She's probably tired. I should bring her back to her dorm room.

I carefully stood up, which was just barely possible because of the drugs. I ripped the IV out of my arm, and grabbed a small cotton ball from the end table to soak up some of the blood. When the blood flow slowed, I threw the cotton ball away and picked the sleeping beauty up into my arms. I activated Enhance, and imagined her dorm room. I felt the mist consume us both, and after a small rush, I opened my eyes to see her room.