Chapter 12: Morning Fluff and Other Stuff

A/N

WE DID IT BOIIIIIIIS

Thank you so much for 1K views, in just a few weeks. It means a lot.

Anyways, enjoy!

~~~

To say 'I was in pain' wouldn't really do justice to the phrase.

All throughout the night, the slightest movement sent waves of discomfort through my body. And, since I also had to account for the movement of another, I wasn't doing too hot.

Although having a smaller body curled into my chest felt nicer than anything I've ever experienced, it still sucked a little how squeezing her tighter was both a blessing, and a curse.

Eventually, I managed to fall into a semi-decent sleep, once I was sure she wouldn't move until morning.

Two seconds later, it was morning.

I reluctantly opened my eyes, feeling her weight shift around in my embrace. I looked down, finding two innocent blue eyes staring back up at me. Her eyes glimmered with the light of the morning's sun, and this single moment made this one of the best mornings I've had, as well.

Maybe I should just say that all the time I've spent with her is the best in a while, so I won't have to repeat it? Because looking at the trends of what happens when I'm with her, it's pretty much a straight-rising slope.

She snuggled tighter, burying her nose in the crook of my neck.

"Hey..." Her muffled, groggy voice said against my skin.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" I asked, briefly forgetting the pain I was in to shift around as well. I wouldn't be making that mistake again.

"Yeah... are you okay?" She asked.

"No-" I forced out through gritted teeth as I rested back against the bed.

It took a few seconds for her to connect the dots to what I was talking about, but as soon as she did, her eyes went wide.

"Oh, crap! It's the quirk, right?" She startled, and I nodded.

"...Wow, so it hurts like this every time?" She asked, worry evident in her voice. She drew back, and I could faintly see tears well in her eyes. Crap...

"What? No, no, no, this doesn't usually happen! I swear! It's probably just super powerful, and that's why!" I tried to make her feel better.

"B-But I did this to you... It hurts, and I did it to you-" She crawled away from me.

"Nejire, look at me."

She reluctantly faced my eyes again. I sat up so I could stare into her eyes again.

"We both made the decision, and it just happened to work out like it did. I didn't know it would hurt, and neither did you. Neither of us are to blame. Nejire..." I reached out to collect her hand in my own, despite my body's adamant refusal.

"I'm okay." I reassured.

She leapt into my arms, tackling me back against the mattress.

"I just don't want to hurt you. Who knows what that quirk is like?" She said as she wrapped her body around mine.

We stayed like that for a few moments. Despite the screaming of my muscles, it felt nice to be near her this much. I slowly stroked my hand along her back, feeling her hum into my neck in response.