Chapter 8: Confession

"I'm... I'm a villain."

   Shock covered their face, as I expected. I watched as Mirio's arm shot up to shield Nejire, making my heart plummet.

   "Wha- How? How are..." Mirio was incredibly confused, and I couldn't blame him...

   "I'll explain, just- lower your arm, okay? I'm not going to hurt her..." I assured. He kept his arm up, though, and that bothered me. A small heat trickled into the palm of my hand, and I whisked my fingers down. His arm repeated a similar motion, and he looked at it, confused, before looking back at me with... I'm not sure what?

   "I'm... sorry. But you guys don't need to worry, or anything, okay?" I tried to reassure him especially, though I was met with a lot of resistance against my telekinetic quirk..

   "Why shouldn't I? You... There's a villain, in my school, with abilities that surpass one of the strongest students attending! I... you..." He was freaking out as he struggled against my telekinetic grasp.

   Looking at Nejire, I motioned for her to move away from Mirio.

   "Nejire, don't!" He yelled.

   She looked extremely conflicted, looking between the two of us. I could feel my eyes start to plead with her whenever she looked my way, and he stared back into them with furrowed brows.

   Eventually, she slowly started to inch away from Mirio.

   "Nejire..." Mirio looked at her dejectedly, and I could feel his power grow against my telekinesis.

   "What are you planning?" He yelled at me.

   "I was going to release my grasp on you, but because I didn't know how you were going to react, I wanted her to move to somewhere a bit safer beforehand." I confessed. For the second time, he was frozen in shock, and I took that as a good time to lower my grip on him.

   He lifted his arms, moving them around a bit before tightening them into fists. He looked at me conflictingly, before lowering his fists into his lap.

   "Thank you..." I sighed in relief, before turning to Nejire.

   "Are you okay with me continuing, or are you going to try and throw a few punches beforehand, too?" I joked. She violently shook her head, and looked back at me so I could continue.

   "Okay... so if you have any questions, feel free to ask." I honestly didn't recall the questions they asked, whether it was short-term memory, or that the last upload was yesterday and the author was too lazy to check.

   "First off,  I'd like to know how you're here in the first place." Mirio asked.

   "Well... short version, or long version?" I asked.

   "I'm down for story time, if you are, Mirio..." Nejire chimed in.

   "Sure, why not?" He replied, sitting back.

   "Well, after saving Nejire, I decided to walk her back to where she needed to go to make sure she didn't try anything else. Unfortunately, for me, that happened to be U.A. At the time, I was still on the forefront of everyone's minds, since I had just... done some things... so it was probably the worst possible choice for me to make. However, I wasn't able to change my mind. I just..."  I trailed off as I caught Nejire's eyes. Her beautiful, innocent blue eyes...

   "A-Anyways," I broke our gaze, looking down at my feet, "When I got to U.A, I noticed that Nejire was adamant on spending a bit more time with me, so I did the most logical thing I could think of; that, being, finding an exploit in the front gate security that allowed both of us to pass through instead of just her." I paused, giving time for Mirio to process the information. After a few seconds, he nodded.