Chapter 14: Izuku vs Todoroki

I haven't been this bored in years.

I mean, seriously? Who the heck needs to know what a hypotenuse is? Why does that even matter?

If Shigaraki doesn't kill me, these classes certainly will.

I mean, it's not like I don't understand this stuff; I've actually done math way harder than this. But it was of my own volition then, and it was stuff that would actually help me on the streets.

You see, around three years ago, I decided it would be nice to get a bit smarter. I started off where I left school, and that was all I did in my free time. Toga can attest to that: One night, at around two in the morning, she snuck in my room to cut me, and I was huddled on my bed learning about planets.

I love planets. They are all so far away, and all of them work differently from each other. What if there are other habitable planets out there? Would aliens exist on those planets, or would they be humans, just like us? Would they also have quirks?

I wonder what other quirks are in that box. I can rule out mutation quirks, since those can't really be transferred to another person.

Unlike most quirks, mutation quirks require certain body conditions in order to form correctly. Take Mina, for example: I learned that those horns are caused by a mutation, and that they grow back if a piece is broken. In order for someone to have that mutation, and have it work the same way, they would probably need the same hormones, chemicals, material substances, whatever, used to grow those horns already in their body.

Think of it this way: You can't make water if you don't have two hydrogen atoms and an oxygen atom. This can also be said for mutations, in that, you can't make them work in your body, if your body isn't suited for them. This rule can be bypassed if you surgically inject the means to which the mutation quirk can be activated, or if the prerequisites have already been fulfilled in your body.

My telekinetic quirk works different from that. Instead of it bonding with things inside of me, it bonded me with things outside, like atoms and stuff like the wind. It changed the way my body reacts, and what my mind was able to do, with other things. It also allowed me to redirect forces to repel and draw in certain objects, and with enough training, I was able to do it seamlessly, and with a lot of strength.

I wonder how Nejire's quirk works? I saw her use it on Mirio, and she told me what it is, but what does it feel like? Would she feel constant fatigue when using it, because it drains her energy? Or would she feel energised, as it activates a sort of adrenaline?

I wonder how Nejire's doing. Is she also bored? Is she tentatively listening to the instructor? Would she be thinking about me? What would she think about me in her head? Would she still worry about me if I attempted to use the enhance quirk? I'm still a little sore, but I think a few chapters is enough to fully heal it, right? How would I activate it? Or is it already-

"HEY!"

I snapped out of my train of thought, feeling a dark presence at the front of the room. Looking up, I saw Mr. Aizawa staring at me with killing intent, his eyes circled in red and his hair floating on it's own.

"What is the third length of the right triangle with the legs 41 and 169?" He asked, clearly trying to catch me off guard. Let's see... (Blah blah blah quick math later)

"That would be... 173.9, right?" I asked.

He lowered his hair, though I still felt a bit of danger.

"That's correct. Make sure you pay attention, and stop staring off into space. It's distracting the other classmates." He said. I looked around, seeing multiple pairs of eyes on me. I mouthed an apology, and they went back to wasting their precious life.