Chapter 1

I quietly open the back door to my house and slide it closed once I enter. I slip my shoes off to stay stealthier.

I look at the oven clock as I pass through '1:35'. Regular time for a Saturday night.

I quietly walk up the stairs and into my room slipping off my tiny black dress after closing and locking my door.

I slip on a tank top and don't bother with pants because no one comes in my room with out knocking anyways.

I take off my makeup and put my hair up in a ponytail so it's off my neck.

I'm so fucking exhausted.

I went to a kook party at the Cameron's house because their parents went to the mainland for the weekend.

Pogue parties can be super fun but kook parties hit you like a fucking bus.

I lay on top of my comforters because it's hot as fuck.

After about 20 minutes of me fighting with the weather to get comfortable I'm finally able to fall asleep.

"Psst Haven"

I hear a faint whisper. I groan

"Haven"

I hear again. I go to roll my eyes then I realize they're closed and that wouldn't work out in my favor.

"Haven!"

Someone whisper yells I lift my head to see JJ squatting on my roof by my window waiting for me to open it.

I walk over to the window and open it.

"JJ what the fuck, it's three in morning, what are you doing here?" I rub my eyes I didn't actually know what time it is but I'm just guessing.

"I wanted to come and see you" I deeply inhale and that's when I smell it.

Weed.

Of course why else would he be here in the middle of the night.

"JJ come here" I say and he enters my room through the window and walks closer to me.

I grab his face and pull it close to mine. Even in the dim moonlight I can see how red his eyes are.

"How much did you smoke?" I let go of his face.

"Only like 2 blunts and a few brownies" I chuckle.

"Do you want some water or anything?" I ask but he seems to be focused on other things. His eyes are scanning me up and down.

"JJ" I snap to get his attention. He meets my eyes "huh?" "I said do you want some water or anything?" He shakes his head.

"Ok then what do you want to do?" He ponders for a moment or two.

"Can we just go to bed?" He asks in a soft voice and I nod.

He takes his shirt off and we both get into my bed.

The air kicked on while I was sleeping so it was a little cold.

We both slid under the comforter. I turn away from him and he grabs my waist pulling me closer so we can cuddle. He's like a big baby when he's high I swear.

"Haven" he whispers sleepily "yep?" "I love you" he responds I smile.

"I love you too J" "No like I love you"

He's done this a couple times before. He'll tell me he loves me when he's busted then he won't say it until he's high again.

I haven't told anyone about it because I know he doesn't mean it.