Chapter 12

A/n: Hey guys so basically there's some smut in this chapter and I'm sorry if my smut isn't that good, this book is my first time ever writing smut and I'm still kind of iffy about writing with it, experimenting with explicit details and such while simultaneously trying to make this enjoyable for you all. I know there's always room to improve so I'm very open to tips and constructive critics :))

~one week later~

Nirvana plays through my earbuds as I walk down the street. I wanted to see JJ so I decided what better way then to walk to his house.

I haven't seen him in a few days and he hasn't been answering his texts other then once and that was to tell me he was gonna chill at his house for a little bit.

I've been worried about him. I'm just scared that his dad did something or he did something, I'm just really worried.

I shove my hands in my hoodie pocket, it's always so hot during the day then it gets freezing at night.

I can see JJ's house and all the lights are on even though it's three in the morning. I can't tell if that's good or not.

As I walk into the driveway I can hear loud music coming from inside.

I sneak around back to JJ's bedroom window and the music sounds to be coming from the living room.

I knock on the window then hear a couple seconds of rustling the curtains draw back then the window opens.

"JJ?" I ask because I still can't see anyone his figure pops into view and he looks horrible.

His lip is busted, he has a black eye and there's dry blood on his cheek.

"Oh my god JJ" I say in shock "Hey" he states. I hop in through the window and examine him more.

"What happened?" I ask looking at him in horror "Just my dad, nothing that hasn't happened before" he shrugs "JJ, I-" "Don't Haven I'm fine, you shouldn't be here" he tells me.

"I was worried about you, so I came to see you" I tell him getting closer "You don't have to be worried Hav, I'm fine" he states again.

"JJ no you're not, he got you pretty bad" I tell him I go to put my hand up to his cheek and he flinches.

I stop because it's clear he doesn't want me touching him.

"Can I at least help fix you up before I leave?" I ask looking up at him "If it makes you feel better then yeah, I just have to make sure he's asleep" I nod as I watch him walk into the living room.

I've only been to JJ's house a handful of times and every time I come here it seems different. I look around and see a couple of holes punched in the wall.

He comes back in his room to tell me that his dad is asleep. I bring him to the bathroom and look for the first aid kit. I find one in the medicine cabinet.

JJ patiently sits on the counter.

"This might hurt ok?" I say as I press an alcohol wipe up to his cheek and he jerks back.

"Mother fucker" he hisses "You ok?" I ask and he nods "Yeah sorry"

I continue disinfecting his cut and I put a bandaid over it.

"Can I see your hands?" I ask and he places his hands in mine. The knuckles on his right hands are busted.

I also disinfect those and wrap them up.

"There good as new" I smile at him as he hops down from the counter.

"Thank you" he smiles at me "Of course, that's what friends are for right?" He nods and leads me back into his room.