Chapter Eleven 🤍

It has been a few weeks since that thing happened between Noah and me.. I still feel uneasy about it, like I can't quite put my finger on it, but I wish it never happened. It's bothering me, and I've only known the guy for two days. I find myself staring at my phone, hoping for a text message from him, but I guess both of us are too stubborn.

I try my best to avoid him, but we always stumble upon each other in the hallways. We would stop and gaze at each other like we were ex lovers.. Does he hate me or pity me for sleeping with him? I can't decide.

I don't go to PE as often as before, I tend to skip it to avoid Noah. It sounds like I'm running away from my problems, but it's better that way. But I've noticed that every class I've missed, he always marks me present.

I don't know why, but I tend to waste my PE period napping in the library, sleep is more important than wasting energy. Sometimes I wonder if there's even a right guy out there for me, will I even find one one day?

Probably not, I have my hopes too high up.

I stand in front of my locker in the hallway, contemplating slamming my head against it. Suddenly, I hear some cheeto girl speaking loudly to her friend about something. I groan, not wanting to deal with the noise so early in the morning. "Have you heard?" she says to her friend.

"What?" Her friend responded, chewing her gum loudly. I rolled my eyes at the noise.

"That Ortiz kid is back from suspension," the Cheeto girl gasped. "No way, didn't he punch someone?"

I slowly start banging my head on my locker, you could hear the bangs echoing in the hallway. The girls look back at me weird and continue their gossiping. I repeat the name Ortiz over and over until it clicked, and I gasped.

I dropped my books, he wasn't supposed to return at all. The girls stopped their conversation and looked over at me again. "What's her problem?" They whispered to each other, laughing and rolling their eyes as they chewed on their gum. I quickly bent down to grab my books and then ran down the hall to the gym stairs well.

I need to find Mya.

I burst through those steel doors like they were nothing and spotted Mya stretching with the rest of the class. The class stopped their stretching routine and stared at me. I nervously laughed, rubbing my arm and waved. And there was that familiar gaze I felt upon me... Noah.

Noah placed his hand on his hip, then cleared his throat. "Nice to have you joining class, Ms. Holt," he said. Enraged already, I was about to reply, but I felt the familiar presence appear behind me.

"Well, good morning to you, Sophie," came the voice from behind me. I froze in place, the hairs on my arms spiked up.

I looked over to Mya, and she looked absolutely terrified. I could feel him smiling from behind me.

"Good morning, Sir! I'm Andrew, Andrew Ortiz." he waves and walks over to Noah to shake his hand.

Noah looks down at his hand and responds with only his name, "Mr. Adam." Wow, such a productive greeting, Noah.

Andrew looked over at Mya for a good 5 seconds, almost as if he was studying her mood, but then appeared to lose interest.

"Since both of you are late, please go stretch at the back," Noah points behind the large group of students.

"Matter of fact, Holt.." Noah calls my name, making me bite my lip nervously.

"Grab this chair and sit, you didn't come prepared." His eyes sweep up and down my body, pausing midway at my breast. I feel my cheeks flush with embarrassment as I clench my fists and slowly walk over to grab the chair. It's not my fault I have too many cute skirts to wear.