Chapter Fourteen 🤍

We're in the supermarket now, Noah leans on the cart holding broccoli in one hand while holding carrots in the other. "Hmm, so which one? Broccoli?" He raises it, "Or carrots?" he raises the other one, asking me to decide.

"Hmm, carrots," I responded, pointing at them.

He nods, placing them in the cart then throwing the broccoli in someone else's cart.

"Noah, don't do that," I said, but he just smiled and placed his finger on his lips, urging me to be quiet.

"How much food are you getting?" I asked, poking the fruits that we passed by.

"Not much," he mumbled. "Someone came to my house eating almost everything I had, so gotta restock." He rolled his eyes and brushed his hair back with his hand, seeming irritated with his hair.

He looked around the supermarket, leaning on the cart as he walked, then glanced down at my wrist. "Do you need that?" he asked, pointing at something.

I looked down at my wrist, realizing it was my pink hair tie. "You want this?" I asked, holding out my wrist to him.

"Not for now, do you want it?" I asked, he nods. He gently grabs the hair tie off my wrist and ties his hair into a bun.

He nods and gently grabs the hair tie off my wrist. He places it in his mouth for a second, holding his hair up before tying it into a bun. I'm not going to lie, who knew a man this attractive could exist in a world like this. The way he moves, talks, and thinks makes my stomach fill up with butterflies.

I hate it.

And that night, especially, I've never experienced that kind of connection.

"What do you want to eat?" He suddenly asks, his question caught me off guard.

"You-"  I responded instantly. He stopped pushing the cart and raised his brows in shock.

"No-No, I-I meant your c-cooking." I waved my hands in embarrassment, I felt my face and ears heating up.

"You sure?" He chuckled, and went back pushing the cart.

"YES." I yelled. I'm going to kill myself, I could hear his laughing.

He turned the corner, and I noticed a smirk on his face, although I couldn't fully see it as I followed him behind. For a couple of minutes, I just trailed him around as he placed some items in his cart before checking out at the cashier.

"That will be &467.86 ." The cashier lady finished scanning the items and looked at Noah.

Noah dug into his pocket to find his wallet, pulling out a worn-out blue dolphin wallet. He swiped his card in the card machine, and it turned green, indicating that the purchase went through.

"Thank you for purchasing at O'marlie Supermarket." The lady smiles and waves.

Noah placed all the grocery bags in the cart and pushed it out to his car. As we reached the car, he clicked the button on his key, and the trunk opened. He started moving the bags into the trunk.

The night had turned chilly, and the sky had shifted from bright blue to a darker shade. I noticed a group of kids chasing each other, reminding me of the times when Alex, Mya, Nate, Elliot, Samantha, and I were younger.

Speaking of them, the guys must be in massive trouble. I can already hear them being scolded by Zane. I don't even want to ask Noah what happened after what happened to me.

I'll give Samantha a call to check how she's doing since she wasn't at school today. "Noah," I called out. He turned around, holding a gallon of milk in his left hand and Italian bread in his right. And a lollipop in his mouth.