Chapter 10: Similarities

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.:

  It has been a few hours since Ben's banishment. I woke up ,in the middle of the night, feeling my whole body sore and my eyes dried out. I had cried myself to sleep under the tree I had hid behind. I got up and streched. I closed my eyes and listened carefully. I could hear some Grievers' growlings in the distance, the animals' bleats and faint snorring sound bou other than that nothing, silence as prevalent as death reigned over the Glade. In other word very quiet. I yawned a sigh that told me that I needed to go sleep. I started walking towards my hut to go and get some more sleep. When I reached my hammock  I lay down to it. I was so tired of this day, so tired of crying, so tired of everything. I took a comfortable position. A few minutes later I changed it. I did the same again and again. After the 32nd time I figured it wasn't about the position. I just couldn't  sleep. I turned the other way for the 24th time and looked out the window. Lucky me  I had a clear view of the moon at that time of the day. It's funny how looking at a sphere made of metal and dust makes you feel peacefully inside. 

'I wonder if  Ben is watching the same moon right now, that is if he is still...no he IS alive I shouldn't think negatively' 

  I felt my eyes get teary again but I had enough crying. As I trying to get a hold of myself I saw a figure more like a shadow waliking in the moonlight outside. Without thinking I got up and went outside to see who it was. I tried to listen to the sound of his footsteps to find him and I followed it. The figure stopped in front of the walls.

"What are you doing?" I asked a bit roughly. The mysterious boy ginally turned around. "Thomas?!" I said surprised to see him. "What are you doing out here at this hour?" I continiued asking him.

"I could ask you the same thing." He talked back, he looked pissed "I couldn't sleep" he answered softer. He had probably regreted talking like that to me.

"Why?" I asked softer too.

"What..." he hesitated "What will happen to him in there?" He asked.

  The question I didn't want to answer and ask myself and the answer I did not want to accept. He made me do all of it.

"He's gonna die Thomas!" I said loudly so I could hear it myself. "He is gonna...die if he isn't already dead" I answered calmer.

"I'm sorry" He said and looked away. His apology brought me back to my senses.

"You did nothing wrong so don't apologise. You didn't bite him nor killed him. So don't apologise." I said.

He looked at me then at the ground. I was facing the walls the whole time but this was the only time after a long time I felt trapped in here.

"Why is this happening to us?" He started "Why are we forced to live like this?" 

"I wish I knew" I said and sighed "I want to leave this place" I said with a logging tone. Thomas looked at me. He looked like what I said caught him off guard.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing...It's just that I wasn't expecting you to feel that way." He explained. He probably saw my offended expresion and realised he had to explain this further. "You see every time I talk to Alby about thas he looks angry and when I try to talk to Newt or Chuck the don't want to listen to me and are evading the subject. It's like I'm the only one that doesn't want to be here" He finished. I totally underestood that.