Chapter 4: (Y/N)

(Y/N)'s POV:

   "Greenie wake up!" A loud voice was heard.
   I jumped up finding myself hitting the ground. The boy laughed.
   "Ouch! What the shuck?"
  I looked up to see a (for some reason) very excited Alby.
   "Come on Greenie it's your first day in your new job and you also have to eat something."
   "First dear Alby technically it's my second day second of course I would eat even if it meant being late and third..." I stopped.
   "Third?" Alby asked.
   "My name is not Greenie!"
Alby smiled widely at my response.
   "What's your name then?" He asked with a smile knowing I finally remembered my name.
   "(Y/N)!" I answered proudly
   "See? I told you!" A voice was heard and two boys entered the hut. It was Chuck and Newt and they were both smiling at me.
   "Good morning guys!" I said surprised at their sudden appearance.
   "Morning Greenie. Or should I say (Y/N)?" Newt smiled. You know hearing my name out of his mouth with this amazing accent made me die from cuteness.

Just me?ok...

   "You know (Y/N) I was sure today would be the day you would remember your name." Chuck said.
   "Oh really?" I said smirking.
   "Oh yes that's actually the reason you were violently woken up by me." Alby said and everyone laughed. Then I got up from the floor and went for my clothes. Alby got the message.
    "Ok gentlemen let's wait for (Y/N) outside shall we?" All three of them went out and I put on my clothes which were the same as yesterday.
    "Oh there you are!" Alby said when I got out.
     "Where are the others?" I asked a bit disappointed
     "They went for breakfast" He said and I started walking towards the cookhouse.
      "Where are you going?" Alby asked in a way that said: what the shuck is wrong with you.
      "To the kitchen... for breakfast... obviously..."
      "No not yet, we have something to do first. Follow me." He said and went off to a way different direction. I stood there a bit confused but gave in and followed him.
    We didn't stop walking until we were we were in front of a wall with names carved on it. I spotted Alby's name then Chuck's, Minho's and Zart's. Then I spotted Newt's and I remembered his smile. My mood changed when I saw Gally's name  reminding me the bonfire event.
     "This is the wall that proves the Gladers' existence. This wall represents every single Glader that lives here. It also reminds us the Gladers that used to live here." He finished with a sad tone in his voice. I was looking at every name when a specific name jumped out at me for some reason. It was the name Axel but it was crossed out. I lifted my arm and reached these carved lines.
   'what happened to him, to them?'
I thought to myself.
    "We had dark days." Alby answered my question as if he read my mind.
    "You see we started losing hope and..." He stopped but it wasn't hard to understand the way he would end his sentence. I put my hand on his shoulder.
    "It's ok" he said and game me two tools to carve my name with. I took them and did so under Newt's. I took a few steps backwards to see the wall's full picture with my now name on it and felt somewhat proud. It gave me the feeling that I belonged somewhere that I belonged there with them. There was something else too. Something like regret.
          'Why do I feel like this?'
    "Now you officially are a Glader. Welcome to the Galde (Y/N)." Alby said happily.
    "Glad to be here." I return a smile.
    "Ok now let's get breakfast."
    "Oh please yes!" I said and couldn't wait until Frypan's bacon would touch my tongue.

Timeskip:

    "Thanks (Y/N). You are the best girl doctor we ever had." Winston said.
    "Yeah and also the only one!" Said Jeff to tease me.
    "You're just jealous because she is better than you too!" Winston defended me.
    "Oh shut up!" Jeff said jokingly
    " (Y/N) you can go you did enough for today." Clint announced.
    "Thanks Clint bye, see you tomorrow Jeff."
    "Bye (Y/N)" said Clint.
    "Yeah see you tomorrow" said Jeff.
   I went outside and found everyone waiting in front of the maze's entrance. I went to take a look and after a lot of "excuse me"s and "coming through"s I finally reached the front and stood next to Newt.
    "What happened?"
    "Ben and Minho haven't returned yet." Newt answered with a worried face and tone.
    "Why is that a problem?" I asked a bit confused.
    "The doors will close at any minute."
    "Again why is that a problem?" I asked again a bit more confused. Then Newt turned his face to me.
    "No one has survived a night in the maze."
  I was a bit taken aback by this answer but why not? I mean the doors just close how can they possibly die?!
   'Maybe from dehydration or blood loss because they tripped or they got lost, maybe they don't eat enough. We must do something I must do something.'
   I spotted a backpack with some useful supplies like water bottles and food.
    'After all my sense of direction i great ' I thought.
    I grabbed the backpack the fastest I could and ran inside the maze ignoring the boys' yells.
    "Ok (Y/N) you can do this just remember the pattern left, left, right, left, right" I repeated the pattern in my head again and again and added a new turn each time. Then a loud: screach was heard.
    "What the shuck was that?" I asked then I heard it again and this time louder. Whatever made that noise came closer and it didn't take me long to understand that this wasn't friendly.
             'Shuck (Y/N) run!'
I thought but my feet wouldn't follow. I started hearing a metallic sound that was probably coming from the creature.
    'OK (Y/N) YOU REALLY HAVE TO RUN.'
I started panicking even more then the same loud screach was heard coming from the next I would have taken.
   "DAMNIT (Y/N) MOVE!" I ordered myself yelling and started running.
  I didn't dare to look back. I could hear the metallic sound the creature was making behind me. It was chasing me. The only way I could survive this was by taking turns which was also  quite hard  since the maze was shuking CHANGING! You see Alby had informed me about the maze but had forgotten to include a small detail well actually two small details. The maze changed overnight and the fact that there were some huge monsters inside it ready to chase me until it kills me. You know small details.
    I was ready to take the next turn when...
   "Suck, dead end!" Then I heard the very familiar screach from behind me. I turned back to take a better look at what was chasing me. It was a beetle-like machine. It had spindly legs, red eyes which shined like two red lights and let me add it was huge. It's body looked like a spider's and so did it's face. It even had this hair on it. It also had a stinger just like a scorpion. But the most gross thing was the slime all over it. Yellow and lime slime fell from its body to the ground.
   As you can imagine it was scary as heck.
    ' what am I going to do I don't want to die here. I can't die here. '
   "I won't die here!" I said, gathered all my courage left in me and ran towards the creature. I noticed that it was ready to attack me when I got to the ground and slid under it. Happy I survived I continued running hearing the creature growling angrily. I continued running when I saw that an opening was about to close.
   "Ok (Y/N) it's now or never!" I ran faster and faster managing to pass through the now small opening the last minute before it shut. I sat down leaning against the now wall listening to the creature's angry sounds and it hitting the wall. My breath was heavy and my heart was beating really fast while my feet had already given up. I sat there until I was calm enough to at least think of something.
       'water'
That was the first thing that came to my mind. I opened the backpack I had managed to snatch back in the Glade.
    "I wish I hadn't come in here!" I said. I took the water bottle and opened it. I started drinking really fast at the point that I had to stop to breathe. When I wasn't so thirsty anymore I closed it and put it back in the backpack. That's when I realized my hands were shaking.
    ' I made it...' I thought. 'I made it' I repeated for the thought to sink in.
    " I escaped the creature!" I said relived. "I made it."  I said and then let the thought repeat itself inside my head.
    The night was long though and the fact that I was here only two hours didn't help the situation. I stayed there to catch a few more breaths and started moving inside the maze once again this time a little more prepared and a bit more careful.

(A/N):
Hey people! It's me. Anyway sorry for the crappy description of the Griever I really am.
           Thanks for reading!