Chapter 3: Jobs

(Y/N)'s POV:

  I woke up to someone's calls.
   "Greenie"
  I groaned as a response.
   "Greenie!" He basically yelled absolutely ignoring me first "response"
   "What?!" I yelled back getting up looking at the boy who had woken me up. It was Alby.
   "It's time for your job interviews." He said a bit excited and smiled.     
  Then he turned his back at me.
   "Get dressed I'll be waiting for you outside." He said and did as he said.
Then I noticed something I was the only person inside. All the other boys were gone.
    'huh strange.' I thought to myself and started putting the clothes I found laid on the floor. My outfit apart from a blue short shirt with a hoodie and my light brown shorts included a black belt and a pair of black combat boots.

As I was dressing up I was thinking about my dream

   'what a weird dream...but...what was it about?' I tried again and again yo remember the dream I had but it was all for nothing. It was like I never dreamed it like I never saw it. In the end I figured it couldn't be anything important, if it was I would remember it now, right?
   I went outside and found Alby leaned on the hut's "wall". He noticed I was out.
   "Oh you are here! Ready to make yourself useful?" He asked a bit jokingly.
   "Of course I am" I answered excited.
  The first job I was going to try out was Track-hoe. Alby had told me that since I am a girl I don't have to try all of the existing jobs. Just track-hoe, cook, med-jack and builder as a last resort. We arrived and a boy with blonde curly hair blue eyes and big forehead greeted us.
   "Hey Greenie, Alby" he said smiling.
   "Well Greenie this is Zart he is the track-hoes' keeper."Alby informed me.
   "Ok so what do I have to do?" I said loosing no time.
   "Well let's start with-" Zart started talking when a boy nearby fell to the ground. After that something happened inside me. An instinct had awoken, a need to go help him. I ran and sat next to him. I took his wrist and felt his heartbeat. It was normal sometimes a bit slow but normal. I then forced his eyes open theys seemed tired and like they needed something. He looked pale.
   "How are you feeling?" I asked him and noticed all of the boys that worked here including Alby and you who had seen what had happened around us.
   "A bit dizzy and sore I'll be fine though." He said and tried to get up but failed miserably. Well seems he also was weak. I immediately figured out what was wrong with him.
   "Dehydration." I said to...well..no one and everyone at the same time and got up. I then turned to two boys I didn't know.
   "Take him to the Med-Jacks and tell to whoever works there to put him on a bed." I said pointing at the boy on the ground.
   "Also tell them to give him at least two glasses of water even if they have to force him to drink them. Keep him in bed for the rest of the day make sure he drinks another glass of water before dinner. Oh last but not least keep him somewhere shady." I finished.
  The two boys I was talking to stood still with their mouths open.
  "GO!" I basically ordered and they did as I had said. I then turned to everyone else and they had the same reaction the two boys had apart from to people Newt and Alby. They smiled and looked at me then each other and back at me.
   "Med-jack!" They said at the exact same time then Newt did something that left me and Alby with our mouths open. He grabbed a red tomato and said a bit loud.
   "Jinx!"
  I think no one excepted that.
   "What was that for?" Alby asked confused and crossed his arms. I think someone didn't understand the point of this game.
   "Nothing" Newt said "Come on let's show Greenie her new job." He said and walked off expecting us to follow and we did.
   "Wait I got a job? But I did nothing, literally! How am I supposed to work somewhere when I have tried nothing?" I asked.
   "We have seen enough." Newt said.
   "After all you were great at what you did." Alby continued.
   "Yeah but what did I do?" I asked again and bumped into Newt's back who had stopped walking.
   "Welcome to your new job." He said and went inside the hut from a small door. I followed him and after me Alby. A boy with wavy hair greeted us.
    "Hello Alby, Newt" He said then turned to me "and you must be our Greenie" he said. "I'm Clint the Med& Jacks' keeper." He introduced  himself "and you are our new partner" he finished.
   "And I'm Jeff" another boy appeared behind a folding screen. "I  am your other new partner whatever you need just ask" he said.
   "Thanks" I said.
   "We will be off then." Alby said. "Don't worry Greenie you are in good hands" he reassured me and left with Newt.

Small Timeskip:

    Clint explained everything about this job. Every time he was referring to something I wasn't supposed to know like what that cream did I completed his sentences making him a bit embarrassed. Truth be told I don't know wether I was talented or because I was at some point familiar with being a doctor or something but this job was way easier than what I expected it to be.
   I spent the rest of the day working since I wasn't really that hungry and after all I had to take care of the guy  I saved back in my Track-hoe tryouts. I went to sleep early since I couldn't wait for the next day to begin
    'Guess Chuck was right my second day here wasn't so bad. I have actually started feeling this place like home just a little bit though' I thought letting my heavy eyelids to fall. Darkness followed and then the same dream again the same voice was heard.
   "(Y/N)!"
   Everything was blurry. The only thing I could barely see was a woman's figure with brown hair and she was talking to me.
   "(N/Y) just remember that no matter what I do I love you ok? I would do anything to protect you." She said and faded away.
   Everything was dark once again and something fell. Something silver and purple. Then another voice was heard.
   "G....ei"
Then it got louder.
   "Greenie. Wake up!"

(A/N):
Thanks for reading!