Chapter 14: Back to Normal (Pt2)

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.:

"She is the last one...Ever" Newt read out loud for all of us to hear. "What the hell does that supposed to mean?" He said and the girl suddenly woke up startling everyone.

"Thomas" She said between breaths and fell unconscious again.

Everyone looked at the boy to whom the name belonged to. Everyone but me. I was busy trying to understand where this feeling that I know her came from. Finally, my attention was drawn back to Gally who was the first that dared to talk.

"Do you still think I am overreacting?" He said with a satisfied yet worried look. Thomas looked down as if he had down something wrong. I could see how much confused and sorry he was. He obviously didn't know how he should react to this situation. Without realizing it I found myself staring at Thomas and I only looked away when he looked my way.

Clint who was one of the few that got it together jumped in the box with a few others and got her out of there. Then Jeff came with a medical wheeled litter carrier for patient care to get her to the Med-Jacks. He called for me and I followed.

Small Time skip:

We had placed the new girl in a medical bed and I gave her a checkup. In addition, I would be the one responsible for her since Clint and Jeff were busy with Alby and since I also happened to be the only other girl in the Glade. A few minutes later Newt, Minho and Thomas came in.

"She is not in danger; she eventually will wake up" I said guessing what Newt would ask.

"Then what's wrong why won't she wake up?" He asked aggressively. I could understand he was still angry with me.

"Hey man she did her job the same way you do yours" Jeff said to Newt realizing the tension between us. I kept looking at Newt with an apologetic look but Newt wouldn't even look at me in the eyes.

"Do you recognize her?" He asked noticing the way Thomas looked at the girl.

"No" Thomas mumbled.

"Really? Cause she seems to recognize you?" Newt doubted Thomas.

"He said he doesn't!" I defended Thomas. Newt looked at me angrily and I looked at Thomas who was also looking at me.

"What about the note?" Thomas tried to change the subject.

"I would worry about the note later" Answered Newt showing that the matter was not over.

"I think we should worry about it now!" Thomas pushed it.

"We have enough to do before it!" Newt refused to listen once more. He was really frustrated with both me and the current situation. That was also the reason I didn't raise my voice and was trying to maintain my temper.

"He is right Newt" Jeff talked. "The box isn't coming back up; how long do you think we can last?" He asked worriedly.

"No one said that..." Newt said trying to calm down Jeff showing him a positive perspective. "Let's not jump in conclusions, let's just wait to hear what she has to say when she wakes up. Someone must have answers after all" he finished.

I looked over at Thomas, he seemed to be thinking about something.

"The Griever..." He mumbled something I didn't hear and turned around to leave.

"Hey where are you going?!" asked Newt.

"Back in the maze" He answered and went off. Minho run after him.

Silence filled the room as me Jeff and Newt stood there. None of us dared say anything we just looked at each other until Newt left.

"So, what happened?" Jeff asked immediately after Newt's withdrawal.