Chapter 5: Finally Out

(Y/N)'s POV:

    I have been running inside the maze for hours, no wait, for the whole night and the word 'tired' can't  describe what I'm feeling right now. I'm exhausted!
    "I need more exercise" I told myself over and over again trying to make the situation a bit more humorous but let me say after the 305th time it didn't work. My legs were burning I was thirsty, hungry, sleepy and the worst...lost. I had absolutely no idea where I was going. The good news? First The sun was rising meaning no Grievers  and second the doors were probably open.
     I sat down feeling safer. I opened  the backpack and took out the half-full (because we need to be positive) water bottle and a sandwich. I devoured my sandwich like a starved lion and drunk the remaining water from the water bottle. Then the negative thoughts I had been trying to bury for so long started appearing again.
    'I'll never make it out of here! I'm lost and there is no way I can survive another night in this bloody maze!'
  I thought and tears fell from my eyes.
  "What do I do?" I curled up in a ball and let another tear fall. I started crying.
   "(Y/N)!?" A voice was heard.
   I took my head out of the gap between my hand and my chest where I had been crying at and looked up.
   "(Y/N)! Are you here?!" The same voice was heard.
     'someone is looking for me!' I thought.
   "O-over here!" I yelled at the loudest I could but it wasn't as loud as it normally would be. Sitting all this time silent what was I expecting though. I got up as if this would make my voice louder.
  "Over here!" I yelled again this time enough so he could hear me.
  "(Y/N)?!" He said sounding a bit surprised.
  "Ok just..." He paused "keep talking and follow my voice!" He instructed me and I run at the direction the voice came from with all my might.
  "I will I'm over here!" I said and kept running.
  "I can hear you don't worry, just follow my voice ok? Everything is going to be fine." He responded and I kept running at his direction. Our conversation was a bit pointless sontce we were kind of saying the same stuff over and over again but we didn't care. We had to keep talking to find each other and get out.
   "I do and I'm not wo- Aaahhh!" I started saying when I fell. Tipical clumsy person. Seems like he heard me falling but then again who wouldn't.
   "(Y/N)! Are you ok?" The voice came from pretty close. Like the betxt turn I was supposed to take close. I had no time to lose. I got up immediately no ignoring the protests of my legs and my dizziness. I started running the fastest I could took the next turn and there he was, right in front me. The Asian kid claiming to be the runners' keeper.
  "Mi-Mihno" My voice was shuttering, and my eyes were teary. I was breathing heavily. My legs burning and my heart, my heart beated so fast. I couldn't take it anymore. I let myself go.
   The last thing I remember was Mihno being right next to me telling me it was going to be ok. After that everything went black.

                         .   .   .
   "I told you it was a bad idea to hide it from her!" This familiar voice with British accent was heard.
  "Look Newt I tried to protect her it's not so easy to do so you know. What would you do in my place? Would you go to her seeing her sad and desperate and would tell her; oh hey Greenie this is Glade. You can't leave Glade though since as you can see there is a whole Griever infected maze around it." The other person answered a bit annoyed.
   I slowly opened my heavy eyelids and everything was a bit blurry. When the image cleared out a bit I saw Newt and Albyvyelling at each other. I groaned at my attempt to stand up. They both stopped fighting and turned to me.
  "Oh my bloody Glade are you ok     (Y/N)?" Newt asked me obviously concerned. I  nod and a smile as a response.
  "I'm sorry (Y/N) I should have told you about the Grievers."
  "The Grievers..." I repeated and images of the previous day's events appeared to my mind. The image of huge slimy metallic creature came back and I felt a shiver down my spine.
  "What happened last night?" Newt asked this worried look all over his face. I didn't answer. I looked away in advance. My grip tightened and I frowned remembering this scary experience.
  "Love please tell me!" Newt pleaded and took my hand on his. He didn't order me or something his voice was soft and sad but that was it. I took the hand away from him and brought it under the other. I just didn't want any kind of physical contact right now. I want to feel my body free ready to run from any kind of danger even if it would never come.
   "Newt let's... let's just not talk about this." I said, almost whispered. I looked at Newt's eyes full of concern. I smiled to reassure him that it was ok or maybe I did so to reassure myself. Then it hit me.
  "What about Ben and Mihno? What happened?"
  "Well Ben was hurt and Mihno was carried him here. They managed to pass through the doors a few minutes before the doors closed for the night."
  "I'm glad" I said relieved. Silence followed. Alby who had gone silent all this time decided to break the silence.
  "Newt let's head out and let (Y/N) rest shall we?" Newt nodded and they started walking towards the exit
  "Wait!" I said a bit louder than I wanted. They both turned back at me immediately.
  "Yes?" Newt said as if he was expecting something.
  "What is my punishment. I'm asking because I want to be ready for it not that I don't accept it or anything." I added the second part trying to explain what I meant. Then Alby smiled which caught me off guard
   "No punishment." He answered with a sweet and calm tone.
   "But-but I broke the third rule right!"
   "You did but after a long discussion and since I hid half of the dangers inside the maze we decided that it wouldn't be fair to punish you. So no punishment."
  "But never bloody do that (Y/N) you got us all worried! Even was a bit worried!"
   Well colour me impressed I could have never thought could be worried about someone especially me. But then again he doesn't hate me I hate him and it's not like he knows why. Maybe I misjudged him just a little bit.
   "Sorry Newt!" I said giving him an apologetic smile. "But I'm fine right?"
   "You had better be!" Newt threatened the best he could but his concern never leaving his voice. "Now get some rest we will see you later." Newt and Alby left and I drifted into deep sleep.
..................
(A/n):
Hey people I'm alive!! Is it just me or was this chapter a bit smaller than the other. Anyway I know I didn't update the previous week but I was busy and didn't manage to I will try to update the next week two chapters but I can't promise anything I will try though. Btw for the ones who wonder : wait isn't this a Thomas x reader fanfic then where is Thomas?. Don't worry he will be here in the next chapters just thought I should give you guys some drama before his arrival. Until next week then bye.
      Thank for reading!