Chapter 13: Back to Normal (Pt.1)

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.:

  I have been taking small walks near the doors for the past 6 hours. The sun had already started rising and some people had already woken up. Chuck was still sleeping soundlessly on the makeshifted bed. I listened to the grievers faint angry growlings in the distance. I've been thinking about how wrong it was to talk to Newt like that. I had regreted it so bad but there was nothing I could do at the moment and even though I knew that I couldn't stop thinking about it. Winston who had just woke up came to me and we started talking about random things to kill time. Nothing important really, nothing important I can remember at least. Some bad jokes (That I would gladly share at the author's corner) and random conversations about the wether and food. Time passed by faster after that and without even realizing it all the Gladers had woken up and it was about time the doors would open. 

Everyone had gathered near the doors waiting for the familiar sound of the huge stone doors moving which didn't took long to be heard. I could hear everyones heartbeat getting faster and louder, we were all anxious, we all wanted to see or wanted to believe that at least one of them would be just around the corner badly injured but alive. Chuck who had also woken up stood next to me to the front. I shut my eyes closed and started wishing, praying for their return. I only opened them when the doors stopped moving.

'No sight of them'

I thought dissapointed.

"I told you Chuck they were not gonna make it" I heard Newt sayng to Chuck. I looked down and I heard the Gladers' heavy footsteps walking away. All of them started leaving all but Chuck and I. We really belived in their return thus they would, they had to return ,all of them.

  I kept looking at the maze's long corridor when I felt Chuck's hand seeking mine. I took my eyes off the maze and looked at Chuck. He was about to cry. I hugged him tightly.

"Nothing is for sure yet" I wispered and looked back at the maze's entrance. I felt and was able to hear Chuck sobbing. I looked- no stared at the maze's entrance waiting expecting to see them my heartbeat got faster and faster and then I saw it. 

"No way" Said Zart who had turned around. Chuck hearing this also looked up and with a shanking voice he started cheering, cause there they where, two boys running to get out alive and well.

  I run off to go take the backbag I had with water and food to give to the boys smiling on my way. When I returned some boys took care of Alby while others had already started questioning the boys. I didn't hear much of the conversation just Minho say "He killed it" whatever that meant.

"Ok boys out of the way!" I said and went closer to Thomas and Minho and offered them flasks with water and two sandwicthes one for each one.

Minho took the flask and the food and thanked me, then it was Thomas' turn.

"Thank you" He said and when he reached out for the flask he accidentally touched my fingers and blushed.

"No" I said "Thank you" I corrected him and smiled. I knew it was all thanks to Thomas, that Alby and Minho had returned back safely. I was sure of that. He just smiled back and looked down embarassed something that I found extremely cute. I took a look at Alby who was laid down on the ground until someone would bring something they could carry him with in to the medjacks. He was badly injured.

"You have to go to sleep now" Said Jeff placing his hand on my shoulder. "You've done your part" He smiled.

"But Newt said that-" I was interrupted   

"Screw Newt, you need rest Y/N!" He said with a comforting look.

"We will take care of them" Said Clint that was standing a few feet away with an indifferent yet worried tone.